Flax flour: natural "broom" for beauty and health
tiny flax seed - one of the richest treasuries of nutrients on the planet, so flax flour so popular.Although technically not a flax seed grain, the number of vitamins and minerals is not inferior grains, and the number of fiber, antioxidants and omega-3 fatty acids far exceeds them.
Flax seed contains very few carbohydrates, making it ideal for those who restrict the consumption of starches and sugars.A combination of healthy fat and high in fiber makes flaxseed excellent product to lose weight and maintain a healthy weight, as they provide a feeling of satiety.
- grind flax seeds need to assimilate all the nutrients the body, otherwise they simply "pass by»,
- flaxseed oil contains no fiber or phytochemicals, which are in a linen flour.
flour rich in flaxseed majority of B vitamins, magnesium and manganese, but that's not all.There are three additional groups of nutrients, which contains an abundance of flax flour, and each of them is very useful.
Omega-3 fatty acids: this is the main means to combat inflammation in the body.Studies have shown that inflammation is present in many chronic diseases, including heart disease, arthritis Arthritis - a variety of forms and complications , asthma, diabetes, and even some types of cancer.This inflammation enhanced disadvantage intake of omega-3 fatty acids (found in fish, flax, walnuts), especially with respect to the consumption of omega-6 fatty acids (soy oil and corn oil).Flaxseed can help balance the ratio of these two kinds of oils.
Basically, oil in flaxseed - is alpha-linolenic acid (ALA).This is one of the omega-3 fatty acids, related fatty acids contained in salmon and other fatty fish (EPA and especially DHA).It is best not to rely solely on flax flour to get enough omega-3 fatty acids, but ALA itself useful.
high in fiber: It is difficult to find a product richer in fiber, soluble and insoluble than flax.This fiber is mainly responsible for the cholesterol-lowering effect of flax.Fiber in the diet also helps stabilize blood sugar sugar in the blood - a very important indicator , and, of course, contributes to the proper operation of the intestine How to organize the work of the intestine - a phased process .
large number of phytochemicals flour flaxseed is rich in phytochemicals, including antioxidants.Perhaps the best source of lignans, which are converted in the intestines substances that help balance the female hormones.
There is evidence that lignans may promote fertility, reduce menopausal symptoms and may help prevent breast cancer.
In addition, lignans can prevent the development of type 2 diabetes.
Safety and side effects
precautions used flax meal deal with four main issues.However, we must remember that many studies have miraculous properties of flax meal virtually detects a problem when it is used - on the contrary, they find a lot of advantages.
- large amount of fiber: Because flaxseed is so rich in fiber, it is best to start with small quantities and slowly increase consumption.Otherwise, you may have constipation or laxative effect.People with irritable bowel syndrome may be particularly strong reaction, they should be very careful.
- oxidation / rancidity: flaxseed are highly susceptible to oxidation and rancidity, if not stored correctly.Best of all flaxseed is stored in its natural form.However, flax meal - that's another story.Flax flour when storing it away from light and heat, will remain fresh for several months.
oils in flax flour, quite well preserved, for example, when used in baking.Researchers believe this is due to the high content of antioxidants in the seeds.
- hormonal effect: lignans contain phytoestrogens.Although studies show that they are useful, it is not known what effect can have large doses of phytoestrogens.
- Cyanide: Like many other products (cashews, some beans, and others), flax contains very little cyanide complexes.3 tablespoons flax meal (according to some studies - 6 tablespoons) - a safe and effective dose for recreational purposes.
How to choose flax flour
and brown and golden flax seed varieties are equally rich in nutrients.
Whole flax seeds if stored properly remain fresh up to one year.However, flax flour spoils quickly.Therefore it is better to buy whole flax seed flax seed : home doctor , and make a meal on their own.This can be done by using a coffee grinder or blender.If you buy ready-made flax flour, consider the following tips:
- Buy in a place where the product is sold quickly.
- Ideally flax flour should be stored in the store in the refrigerator.
- bag of flour should be opaque because the light meal will deteriorate.
- Vacuum packaging - this is the best option, because it opened up the flour will not come into contact with oxygen.
- If you are uncertain about how long and how flax flour stored on store shelves, it is better to buy whole flax seed and grind it yourself.Whenever you try flax flour if it is a little bit bitter, discard it.She should have a mild nutty flavor, is not sharp.
- Keep flax flour should be in the refrigerator and use it within a few weeks.
Tips eat flax flour
- Drink plenty of water.Flax contains a lot of soluble fiber, so a lot of water to help avoid constipation.
- If you are not used to products containing a lot of fiber, start slowly with small doses.
- Flaxseed is often used instead of eggs, due to high content of soluble fiber, which gives baked goods structure.
- 2/3 or ¾ cup of flaxseed corresponds to one cup flax meal.
Recipes using flax meal
flaxseed flour can be added to cottage cheese, yogurt, cereals, as well as milk shakes or salads.With it you can cook meat dishes: burgers, meatballs, casseroles.A few tablespoons flax meal can be added to any dish.