Meditation - a psychophysical practice, which is used as in some religious movements, as well as in alternative medicine.There are many types of meditation, most of which have their roots in ancient religious and spiritual practices of the East.
man who meditates, using techniques such as concentration, certain poses and relaxed attitude to distractions.People meditate for various purposes, such as to achieve inner peace and physical relaxation to improve psychological balance, cope with illness, and improve overall health.
What you need to know about meditation
term "meditation" refers to a large group practices, among them - meditation mantras, meditation on the chakras, transcendental meditation, and many others.Most modern types of meditation began to develop in the Eastern religions.Meditation used the different cultures around the world for thousands of years.Today, many people meditating for the sake of improving their own mental and physical health, without giving it any religiou
During meditation, a person, first of all, learning to focus.Some types of meditation involve the realization of his own thoughts, sensations and feelings, and detached observation of them - without value judgments.Thanks to this man achieves tranquility and physical relaxation, and its activity in normal times become more conscious.Regular meditation can alter the relation of man to his own thoughts and emotions Emotions and culture: how to decipher the emotional code .
Most varieties of meditation require four things:
- quiet place.Meditation is recommended in a quiet location where there will be a minimum number of distractions.This is especially important for beginners who have not adequately control their attention.
- comfortable posture.Depending on the type of meditation can be practiced sitting, lying or standing.Some people meditate on the move - for example, while walking.It is important that you feel comfortable - is unlikely someone will be able to meditate, if his body is in a very awkward position.
- object of attention.During meditation, a person should concentrate on any object.This can be mantra any subject breath and so on.
- openness to distractions.That means - you need to be open to anything that distracts you from meditation, rather than trying to displace it from consciousness.Consideration should be given the mind's eye of thought, sounds or sensations that distract you and then gently back to the object of attention.
in alternative medicine is used in meditation as mental and physical medicine that acts on the following factors:
- interaction between brain, body, and behavior.
- Influence of emotional, mental, social, spiritual, and behavioral factors on health.
- Meditation helps with health problems such as anxiety anxiety - how to distinguish normal from disease? , pain, depression, stress, insomnia, physical and psychological symptoms associated with chronic diseases (eg, heart disease, HIV / AIDS and cancer).
Some types of meditation
Meditation, concentration plays an important role in Buddhism.In the simplest and most common form focuses on people sensations that occur during inhalation and exhalation.He must observe how air enters the nose, lungs, and then - in the diaphragm, and then comes out of the body without giving any assessment of these sensations, but simply being aware of the movement of air in the body.This helps a person in everyday life is full aware of the fact that he feels and thinks, and better control of himself.In general, life regularly meditating person becomes more conscious.
Meditation involves the recitation of mantras, mantras (aloud or silently), and focusing on them.Mantra prevent the emergence of distracting thoughts and feelings.
Meditation on chakras is based on the theory that each person has seven chakras - the energy centers in the subtle bodies.Such meditation develop the chakras, and along with the functions for which they are responsible.
How meditation affects the body
Some types of meditation affect the autonomic nervous system, which regulates the activity of many organs and muscles, controls functions such as heart rate, sweating, breathing and digestion.There are two broad areas of the autonomic nervous system:
- The sympathetic nervous system helps mobilize the body that need quick action.For example, when a person is under stress, it is responsible for the reaction of "fight or flight": the heart rate and respiration increases, blood vessels constrict, and so on.
- parasympathetic nervous system decreases heart rate and respiration, dilates blood vessels and stimulates the digestive juices current.
assumed that some kind of meditation can reduce the activity of the sympathetic nervous system and stimulate the parasympathetic nervous system.
In addition, many researchers note that meditation greatly improves concentration.Because of the ability to concentrate to a large extent depends on the mood, as well as a person's ability to cope with a variety of daily tasks, meditation can benefit in various spheres of life.
Some data suggest that meditation can relieve the symptoms of asthma, chronic back pain, reduce the frequency and intensity of menopausal hot flashes treatment of menopausal hot flashes - medication plus a healthy lifestyle , and lower stress levels How to beat stress?Create an oasis .
For healthy people meditation is considered completely safe.There have been documented cases where people suffering from various mental disorders, after they began to meditate, the symptoms were aggravated, but it is unknown whether the reason for this became exactly meditation.However, people with mental health problems before practice meditation, you should consult a doctor.Those who have certain physical limitations, some may not be appropriate posture for meditation - it is also recommended to seek advice from a doctor.