How to improve memory: useful tips
- How to improve memory: Tips
- Exercises for development of memory
human brain is not like a computer's memory that can be upgraded by simply adding a new chip.The brain - one of the most complex organs, and improve memory requires more effort.Indeed, the ability to learn is improved by exercise and proper diet as muscular strength.But some actions are essential to improve memory.
Memory - a mental activity to reproduce the information that the person learned or experienced.Memory is long-term and short-term.This may be information about family and friends, or work processes, or material that you learned for the exam.
When we say "bad memory", we usually mean a weak capacity for memory.Remembrance is possible only if information is stored in memory.While we do not have learned, we can not remember it.Problems such as stress, sometimes difficult to recall certain facts.Systematic exercise and stress management techniques Stress Management: everything under control help improve poor memory.
techniques to improve memory
Simple techniques can be very effective in improving memory.Methods that improve the assimilation of information and help to keep it longer in the memory, and it is important to facilitate the memories.
Breaking into pieces - one of the oldest methods to store.What you need to remember, should be divided into small and easy to remember fragments or groups.This technique can be used in memorizing long numbers such as phone numbers or words that are hard to burn.The pieces, which are divided into even smaller fragments stored mechanically.
For example, to remember how to spell the word angliyskogoe together, you can break it down into parts: to + get + her.This technique helps to learn faster.Psychological studies have shown that human short-term memory can hold from five to nine objects.Therefore, the number of fragments must be within these limits.
Rhyming - another popular way of remembering.People have a natural tendency to memorize rhythms and rhymes.For example, a poem, with which you can remember the first digits of the number Pi (3.1415926):
You just try
And remember it like it is:
three, fourteen, fifteen,
Ninety-two and six.
known techniques - building links between objects that need to be remembered.This technique is used when it is necessary to memorize a pair of words or a material which can be reduced to pairs of words.
For example, to remember the English word puddle (pool), imagine a man who fell into a puddle.This image creates the necessary link between the two words.
Another technique - a repetition of bedtime Dreams: how to understand our dreams .Since the brain is already preparing for bed, the information is organized systematically and efficiently when you fall asleep.Psychologists believe that when a person falls asleep after thinking about the problem, increasing the likelihood that it will be resolved the next day.
Some simple steps to improve memory:
- be relaxed
- write down what you need to remember
- read aloud one or two times and repeat aloud from memory two or three times
- sleep nothingdo not worry.
«Trying not to try" - another method.Sometimes we try to remember something and we can not, although I'm sure that it is well know.Faced with such a unit should cease to try to remember, and do something else.In most cases, the necessary information itself will emerge in the memory after a while.These problems tend to people who by their nature are often anxious and under stress.
tips to improve memory
The human brain can be compared to a library, where books are stored, instead of memories.Different types of memory are placed in different sections of the brain.It happens that the brain is like a poor librarian could not find the necessary recollection, when it is urgently needed.Here are some tips to optimize the storage memory.
- If you're depressed, necessarily treated.Inability to concentrate on the job can be a symptom of depression Depression - a little more than a bad mood .Stress, anxiety anxiety - how to distinguish normal from disease? , anger eventually destroy part of the brain responsible for memory.
- depression causes increased levels of cortisol in the blood, which in turn increases the level of cortisol in the brain.This reduces the specific area of the brain, primarily in the hippocampus, the center of short-term memory.
- Physical exercise, such as brisk walking, exercising not only the body but also the brain.Obesity is a risk factor for many diseases, including damaging the brain.But exercise can effectively control it.
- brain depends on a constant production of oxygen and nutrients from the blood, and when these substances are not received, operation of the brain is reduced.Studies have shown that the more a person is physically active, the better his cognitive abilities.
- As they say, better to see once than hear a hundred times, visualization and association related.Visual images help you to remember better than words.For example, you put the glasses on the kitchen table.One can imagine how the glasses are eaten everything on the table.Later, when you think of where you left glasses, an image pops up in your mind.
- «Game Names" - a good tactic to remember, it is recommended to many sources.Pay attention to the name and the person's face when getting started.Once you have named a name, it can be repeated out loud, such as: "Nice to meet you, John Doe."The likelihood that you will remember the name, is increased by thirty percent if you repeat it immediately.
- method of loci (locations) - the oldest known mnemonic techniques invented in ancient Greece.It is a technique of associating things you need to remember with a certain place.It is necessary to imagine some familiar place, such as a building.And place within it in different places objects from the list, which must be memorized.The list can be expanded a large number of landmarks, and you will easily remember all the necessary information, as if passing through this building.
- Put something in the environment, and create a visual reminder - another useful tip.An object that is not quite in the right place, can serve as a reminder.For example, if you need to remember the visit to the doctor, you can visualize it as a huge wrist watches around the doctor.