Hypochondria: Symptoms and Treatment
Hypochondria, increased suspiciousness mistrust - whether to put everything into question? , is considered a chronic mental illness Mental illness - ashamed to ask for help? .As a psychosomatic disorder, hypochondria - mental illness, but accompanied by physical symptoms.Some experts consider hypochondria as a form of obsessive-compulsive disorder.Typically, a person suffering from hypochondria, convinced that the seriously ill - regardless of the doctor's diagnosis.Hypochondriacs tend to consider the normal functions of the body as a sign of serious disease - whether it is the rhythm of the heart or the intestines work How to organize the work of the intestine - a phased process .Even if the tests confirm the diagnosis and is a normal state of health, hypochondriacs still experiencing anxiety and fear.
Studies show that in the US alone suffer from hypochondria from 0.8 to 8.5% of the population.Those suffering from hypochondria people often fall into one of two extremes: either go through the endless doctors and undergo various examinations, or refuse to go to the doctor, believing that their disease is not curable.
hypochondria is often accompanied by other psychiatric disorders: clinical depression, various phobias.Hypochondria is very similar to obsessive-compulsive disorder: when people with hypochondriasis are afraid that the sick of any serious illness, people with obsessive-compulsive disorder are afraid of contracting the disease themselves or give to others.
Literally hypochondria means "a disease without a cause."Hypochondriacs require constant support from a doctor, family and friends.
symptoms of hypochondria
- fear that even minor symptoms indicate a serious illness
- abnormal fear of disease
- Frequentvisiting doctors
- repetition of medical examinations
- Dissatisfaction doctors and their treatments
- inability to maintain normal relations with the surrounding
- Emotional distress
- obsession with any information relating to health
- vague feeling of malaise
the disease may continue for many years;finally overcome hypochondria Hypochondria - when fear suddenly rolled can be quite difficult.Treatment of hypochondria can be challenging if the patient is not set up for the final cure of the disease.The main methods of treatment of hypochondriasis include:
Reception medicines: As a rule, when hypochondria prescribed antidepressants.
Psychotherapy: Psychotherapy involves the use of techniques of cognitive-behavioral therapy helps patients to understand and realize the factors that cause the painful anxiety.
How to deal with hypochondria
- You can not read too much information from the Internet or medical reference books regarding the symptoms of the disease.Too much information can exacerbate anxiety.
- One of the most important factors in treating hypochondria - healthy sleep: not only need adequate sleep hours, but also to comply with certain sleep, that is to go to bed and get up at the same time every day.
- Physical activity of any kind is also helpful in treating hypochondria.
- Often, hypochondria is recommended to study the techniques of yoga and meditation to help relax and thus contribute to the psychological relief.