Rispolept - returns to normal
developed in recent decades antipsychotic drugs allowed to withdraw the majority of severely mentally ill people from psychiatric hospitals to treat them on an outpatient basis.This is great progress because previously lot of people had a permanent stay in a hospital.Patients also milder forms of mental illness Mental illness - ashamed to ask for help? on background maintenance treatment became quite fit into the social life.
been more than fifty years since the first psychopharmacological agents - chlorpromazine was used in a psychiatric hospital in France.Later, a number of drugs called neuroleptics the term neyrolepsiya - decreased motor and mental activity.
today released a lot of neuroleptics and the physician may titrate to the patient with the disease and its properties of a drug.
mechanism of action rispolepta
Rispolept (INN - risperidone) - is an antipsychotic, which also has a sedative (calming), antiemetic and antipyretic effect.
rispolepta mechanism of action is based on the fact that it blocks the transmission of neurotransmitters (biologically active substances with which nerve impulses are transmitted) in nerve cells.The blockade of the neurotransmitters dopamine and serotonin is an antipsychotic, antipyretic, and anti-emetic effects of adrenaline - a sedative.
rispolepta antipsychotic effect is that it reduces the productive symptoms of schizophrenia (the appearance of uncharacteristic for healthy human mental phenomena - delusions, hallucinations), aggressiveness, while a lesser extent than classical antipsychotics cause confusion and consternation (catalepsy).
Risperidone also has a positive effect on patients with schizophrenia with negative symptoms (ie, the absence of any mental properties, typical for a healthy person, for example, poverty of speech, poverty, emotions, social detachment), reduces state of anxious depression in the background of schizophrenia.
To appoint rispolept
Rispolept used for the treatment of acute psychoses, and as a long-term maintenance treatment of mental illness:
- acute and chronic schizophrenia, including delusions (fixed ideas and concepts)hallucinations (patients see, hear and feel what is actually there), poverty, emotions and intellectual disabilities;
- affective (with severe neuropsychiatric excitation in the form of anxiety, aggression, depression, and feelings of guilt with the loss of control over their behavior) disorders in a variety of mental illnesses;
- behavioral disorders in elderly patients with mental retardation (dementia) when the signs of aggression (outbursts of anger, physical violence) and mental activities (agitation, delirium, hallucinations);
- conduct disorders in adolescents from 15 years and adult patients with reduced intellectual level they have in cases of aggression towards others or yourself;
- in a combination therapy for the treatment of manic-depressive psychosis to normalize mood.
Who should not take rispolept
Rispolept not be taken in case of hypersensitivity to the drug and during breastfeeding.
The caution should be used in patients:
- with diseases of the cardiovascular system;
- with dehydration;
- at predinsultnyh states, brain tumors, Parkinson's disease and convulsions;
- in disorders of the liver and kidneys;
- when drug dependence (addiction, drug addiction), and abuse of drugs;
- when intestinal obstruction, acute overdose of drugs and Reye's syndrome (acute mental disorders on a background of diseases of the liver) - antiemetic effect rispolepta may mask the symptoms of these conditions would not allow to carry out proper treatment;
- during pregnancy and in patients under the age of 15 years, as the safety of the drug have not been established.
Side effects that may occur in the treatment of rispoleptom
may receive the following side effects:
- insomnia or drowsiness, agitation, anxiety, headache, dizziness, impaired concentration and clarity of vision;rarely - tremors, confusion, stupor, salivation;in patients with schizophrenia may increase the volume of the liquid portion of the blood due to high fluid intake and inadequate development of antidiuretic hormone (it helps to eliminate excess fluid How to withdraw excess fluid from the body - all sorts of ways from the body), involuntary rhythmic movements of the tongueand face, fever, muscle stiffness, instability, pulse and blood pressure, impaired consciousness and seizures;
- constipation, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain Abdominal pain: Types and Symptoms , disruption of the liver, dry mouth or increased salivation, lack of or increased appetite, increase or decrease in body weight;
- lowering or raising blood pressure, heart attacks;very rare in older patients - stroke;
- reduction protective and clotting properties of blood, joint pain Joint pain - how to understand what is going on? ;
- menstrual irregularities, the expiry of milk from the breast, breast enlargement in men;very rarely - increased blood sugar;
- sexual dysfunction and urinary incontinence;
- dryness and increased pigmentation of the skin, itching, increased sensitivity to ultraviolet rays;
- allergies: runny nose, skin rash, angioedema.
Rispolept - quality antipsychotic for the treatment of severe mental illness (manufacturer - European pharmaceutical company Janssen-Cilag AG), it can be taken only on prescription.