Chronic fatigue - if life is not a pleasant experience
Chronic fatigue syndrome - a complex disorder characterized by extreme fatigue, which can not be explained by any disease.Fatigue may be increased after physical or mental activity, but no improvement.One of the signs of chronic fatigue syndrome - a constant state of fatigue and a feeling of weakness, appears even without significant stress.
Cause of chronic fatigue syndrome is unknown, although there are several versions of the origin of this "disease of modern times", starting and ending with viral infections to psychological stress How to beat stress?Create an oasis .Some experts believe that chronic fatigue syndrome may be caused by a combination of several factors.
There is no single method of examination to confirm the diagnosis of chronic fatigue syndrome.You may have to undergo various medical tests to rule out other health problems that have similar symptoms.Treatment of chronic fatigue syndrome is aimed at relieving symptoms.
symptoms of chronic fatigue syndrome
Doctors allocate eight symptoms of chronic fatigue syndrome, as well as the basic and most important symptom by which the disease got its name:
- constant fatigue;
- impaired memory or concentration;
- sore throat;
- swollen lymph nodes in the neck and armpits;
- unexplained muscle pain;
- joint pain without swelling or redness accompanied;
- headache unusual type or severity of the current;
- sleep that does not restore power;
- extreme exhaustion after physical or mental stress that lasts a day or more.
When should you see a doctor
Fatigue can be a symptom of many diseases, such as infectious diseases and mental disorders.Be sure to consult your doctor if you constantly feel tired or tired faster than usual, and the longer recovering from stress.
Causes of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
science does not know the exact causes of chronic fatigue syndrome.However, experts believe that the disease can be caused by a combination of different factors, and the person must be an innate predisposition to it.Here are some of the factors contributing to the development of chronic fatigue syndrome:
- viral infections.Since chronic fatigue syndrome sometimes occurs after a viral infection, scientists have wondered what kind of viruses can cause disease.The list of "suspicious" of viruses included Epstein-Barr virus, human herpes virus 6 and murine leukemia virus, but convincing evidence of their connection with chronic fatigue syndrome has not yet been found.
- disorders of the immune system.People with chronic fatigue syndrome, the immune system is weakened, but it is unclear whether immune disorders cause disease
- hormonal imbalance.Chronic fatigue syndrome is also often accompanied by abnormal levels of hormones produced by the hypothalamus, pituitary and adrenal glands.But the significance of these abnormalities is unknown.
Factors that increase the risk of chronic fatigue syndrome include:
- age.Chronic fatigue syndrome can occur at any age, but most often affects men aged 40-50 years;
- floor.Women diagnosed with chronic fatigue syndrome more often than men, but this can be explained by the fact that women are more likely to go to the doctor;
- lifestyle.People who are overweight, sedentary, more likely to develop chronic fatigue syndrome.Stress also contributes to the disease.
Complications of chronic fatigue syndrome
Possible complications of chronic fatigue syndrome:
- social exclusion;
- restrictions lifestyles;
- frequent absence from work.
diagnosis of chronic fatigue syndrome
quite difficult to diagnose chronic fatigue syndrome, because his clinical picture is consistent with many other diseases, there is no single diagnostic procedure to determine it.The survey is necessary to eliminate diseases that have similar symptoms, including anemia, diabetes mellitus - threatening and incurable disease , multiple sclerosis and systemic lupus erythematosus, in which the symptoms can develop over the years.Also, the symptoms of chronic fatigue can be explained
- sleep disorders Dreams: how to understand our dreams .Chronic fatigue can be caused by sleep disorders.Sleep study will help determine whether the dream is not broken obstructive sleep apnea, restless legs syndrome or insomnia.
- mental disorders.Fatigue is also a symptom of a number of psychiatric disorders such as depression, anxiety anxiety - how to distinguish normal from disease? , bipolar disorder and schizophrenia.
When other diseases are excluded and if there are specific criteria for the disease, the doctor can diagnose chronic fatigue syndrome.