Hallucinations are often accompanied by a variety of mental disorders.However, they often have a great importance for the correct diagnosis.This is due to the fact that different mental states characterized by the predominance of one or another hallucination.Joining hallucinations to pre-existing mental disorder indicates the weighting of its course.
What kind of hallucinations and
Hallucinations (illusion) - is one of the types of violations of sensory perception, which is characterized by the fact that the presentation and the images appear without a real stimulus or a real object, that is, when a person sees, hears or feels something that is actually not.All of this significantly changes the attitude of the patient to the environment and causes strange reactions to other people.Hallucinations are not usually arise by themselves, and on the background of a mental disorder.
hallucinations can be visual, auditory, olfactory, gustatory, tactile (tactile), and a general sense of hallucinat
Visual hallucinations can be as simple as flashing lights, spots, smoke, fire.But in some cases there are complex visual hallucinations, often it happens on a different background dizziness.The patient sees the objects, people, animals and insects (sometimes do not exist in nature), different patterns of life, including frightening.Scenes can be fixed or mobile, monotonous or replace each other, black and white, colored or painted in any one particular color.So, for epilepsy Epilepsy - a sacred disease characteristic hallucinations, painted in bright colors - red or blue.
The size of hallucinatory images and objects can be of normal size, very small ("Lilliputian") and very large (giant) sizes.
hallucinatory images may occur out of sight of the patient, more "behind" the patient may see himself as if from outside, or to see his counterpart, can see written (eg on the wall) words that have for him is very important.
most often visual hallucinations occur in the evening or at night on the background of stupefaction.
Auditory hallucinations are also different, as acousma, phonemes or verbal hallucinations.
acousma called simply hallucinations in the form of different sounds - beats bells ringing, rattle, bang.When the patient hears phonemes individual words or parts of words and verbal hallucinations when he identifies the speaker as a friend or a stranger (man, woman or child).We hear the patient calls the "voices.""Voices" can have a different intensity (from a whisper to a shout) and content.
Content auditory hallucinations are usually related to the content of painful delirium Brad - not only crazy ."Voices" can threaten the patient, to force him to do something, to tease, to condemn, to protect and soothe.Threatening and condemning the "voice" often appear against a background of depression Depression - a little more than a bad mood , and friendly - against the backdrop of elevated mood (euphoria) of the patient.The most dangerous are imperative (mandatory) voices, which often cause the patient to commit unlawful acts.
Auditory hallucinations are usually perceived by both ears, but there are also unilateral auditory hallucinations that are perceived in one ear.There are auditory hallucinations are usually unchanged when consciousness, often at night, in the silence and perceived it as an objective reality.
olfactory, gustatory and tactile hallucinations
- olfactory hallucinations - it is different, not always clearly distinguishable smells, often unpleasant, aversive.
- taste hallucinations - a nasty taste in the mouth is food or liquid.If the patient eats or drinks, the food may be unusual for her taste, and often unpleasant.
- Tactile hallucinations - a tickling sensation, crawling insects on the body, the pressure on the body.Sometimes hallucinations occur within the body.
Hallucinations general feeling
hallucinations include enterotseptivnye general sense, motor and vestibular hallucinations.
- When enterotseptivnyh hallucinations (hallucinations internal organs) the patient feels that inside it there are objects or living things (such as a frog or a snake in the stomach, the ants in the blood vessels), which destroy the internal organs.
- Motor hallucinations may occur feeling of muscle contraction in their immobility, a sense of movement of the tongue, feeling writing some words.Most often it is a violent movement of the patient "force" them to do.
- vestibular hallucinations - a sense of imbalance, falling or flying.They can also manifest itself in the instability of the world: rock wall, step on the patient.
Patients with hallucinations must necessarily be hospitalized because they can be dangerous both for themselves and for others.