- Relaxation and stress - calm, not panic!
- reaction "fight or flight»
Stress - an integral part of life.While some stress is normal and even useful, is too strong or frequent stress can negatively affect the quality of life and health.But you can use these simple tips to relax and relieve stress.
Relaxation: a few tips
When you feel stress, follow these steps:
- Take a deep breath and exhale slowly.
- Take a relaxing warm bath.
- Listen to soothing music.
- stroll or enjoy other kind of physical activity.
- meditate Meditation - treats the body and the spirit or yoga.
- Ask make you a therapeutic or relaxing massage.
- Drink a warm drink that does not contain alcohol or caffeine.
You can also make some changes in lifestyle to reduce stress:
- Try to sleep more.
- Keep in touch with relatives, friends and other people you love.
- regularly involved in fitness.It can help you clear your mind and defeat the sense of frustration and anxiety.
- Try to eliminate from the diet foods anddrinks containing caffeine.Caffeine stimulates and often only increases stress.
- Do not smoke or use tobacco.Nicotine, like caffeine, increases anxiety anxiety - how to distinguish normal from disease? and prevents relaxation.
- Do not drink alcohol.Regular consumption of alcohol can cause sleep disturbances Dreams: how to understand our dreams and depression Depression - a little more than a bad mood .
Muscle relaxation for stress
Our body often reacts to stress, muscle tension that causes pain and discomfort.If you learn to relax the muscles, you can reduce muscle tension and anxiety.Progressive muscle relaxation - a technique that will help you achieve this result.
progressive muscle relaxation technique is based on an alternating tensing and relaxing muscle groups related.Technique is to consciously and consistently tense and relax muscle groups of the body, starting from the head ending toes.Exercises are performed in a uniform rhythm, in a comfortable sitting position with his eyes closed.
Find a quiet place where you will not be disturbed, and arrange with comfort.
for each muscle group:
- Inhale and tense muscles selected group of 4 - 10 seconds.To strain hard, but not convulsions.
- Exhale, suddenly and completely relaxing the muscle group.Do not relax your muscles gradually.
- rest for 10 - 20 seconds.
hands and forearms
- Hands: squeeze the fist.
- wrist and forearm: tense muscles, bend your arm at the wrist.
- biceps and shoulders tighten fists and tense your biceps by bending arms.At the same time the muscles of the forearm should remain relaxed as possible.
- Shoulders: Lift shoulders up and tighten the muscles of the shoulders.
head and neck
- Lob: straining muscles of the forehead as if frowning.
- muscles around the eyes and on the nose: close the eyes (contact lenses before performing the exercises should be removed).
- cheeks and chin tighten the muscles of the cheeks, smiling as broadly as possible.
- muscles around the mouth: close your lips.
- Nape: tilt your head back and tighten the muscles of the back of the head.Then again completely relax.
- Neck: try to touch your chin to your chest.
- Chest: Take a deep breath and hold your breath, then exhale.
- Back: tense back muscles, so that the blades were pulled down.
- Belly: tighten your abdominal muscles so that the stomach has become hard, or gather in the stomach, or it puffed out.
thighs, buttocks and legs
- thighs and buttocks: Squeeze your buttocks together, tighten your thighs.
- tibia (calf): pull the toes and feet down (in the direction of the head), so as to feel the tension in the calf muscles.
- shin (tibialis): pull the toes and feet in the direction of the head to feel the tension tibial muscles.Then again, relax your muscles, feel the comfort and tranquility in the legs.
After this exercise, you may feel drowsy.To "wake up" the body count down from 5 to 1, and move the fingers and toes.Finally, stretch at full length.