- «Disease mood": dysthymic disorder
- Diagnosis and treatment of dysthymic disorder
gloomy, apathetic, passive, sad, slack - these words, perhaps the bestdescribe the condition of people suffering from dysthymic disorder.When dysthymic disorder affects not only emotionally, but also the physical condition of the person.For several years, a person does not feel joy - only ongoing depression.
dysthymic disorder, also known as dysthymic disorder, is a chronic, mild form of depression.This is considered a chronic disorder, as appears at an early age, and remains on for several years of human life.Notice dysthymic disorder is difficult - even the person suffering from dysthymia can be considered a permanent depression and bad mood is quite commonplace.
addition to bad mood, dysthymia is characterized by typical symptoms of depression - low self-esteem, lack of energy, sleep disturbances Dreams: how to understand our dreams .However, people seem perfectly healthy.
dysthymia If left unattended, if left untreated, the disorder can become a much more serious type of depression - MDD, major depressive disorder.The combination of dysthymia and MDD is known as "double depression."A person suffering from this type of depression, may become a threat to themselves or others.In this condition require hospitalization.
symptoms of dysthymic disorder
main symptom of dysthymic disorder - chronic depression that a person experiences on a daily basis for several years.For children and teenagers up to this period of the year, for adults - up to two years.In addition, dysthymic disorder is accompanied by a number of other symptoms:
- Inability to enjoy life and have fun.
- Poor appetite or overeating.
- lack of energy, constant fatigue Low self-esteem
- lack of interest in anything whatsoever
- Inability to concentrate, difficulty in decision-making
- The feeling of helplessness, hopelessness, worthlessness
- physical disorders - headaches, seizures, digestive problems, are not treatable.
reasons dysthymic disorder
exact cause of dysthymic disorder are not clear so far.Researchers associated with dysthymia develop a number of key factors.
- Chemical bond: studies have shown that people suffering from dysthymic disorder, disrupting the natural mechanism of production of the chemical serotonin, responsible for emotions and decision-making.
- Genes: the chance of dysthymic disorder is higher in those people whose family members have previously suffered from depression.Biological and genetic factors increase the risk of an average of three times, and other factors - such as stress or the environment - can serve as initiators of disorder.
- Setting: a situation which is difficult to handle, lack of emotional support led to the development of dysthymia.In particular, this factor is important at an early age - a lack of love and attention from parents, physical or sexual violence, excessive psychological pressure on the part of parents lead to the development of low self-esteem and negative perceptions.
How to detect dysthymia?
women more than men, are at risk of the appearance of dysthymic disorder.Understanding symptoms and recognition of changes in the early stage helps determine dysthymic disorder.Lack of treatment, substance abuse can cause more serious health problems.
- appetite changes: lack of appetite or overeating.Without treatment, these changes can lead to serious disorders - such as anorexia or bulimia.
- change in sleep habits, depression and too long sleep are closely related.Son to suffer from depression - is a kind of opportunity to avoid everyday stress How to beat stress?Create an oasis .Even a long sleep does not bring relief, people suffering from depression, still feel tired and sleepy.Contrary to prolonged sleep - sporadic or chronic insomnia.
- passive attitude: often by people suffering from depressive disorder, can hear complaints about the constant fatigue.Most of the time these people feel unhappy, are not able to enjoy the activities that are enjoyed before, they tend to isolate themselves from others.
- feeling of uncertainty: even a simple conversation with a person suffering from dysthymia, you can find his image of himself: poor self-esteem, lack of confidence, a feeling of worthlessness always accompany dysthymic disorder.
- Lack of attention and concentration: a person suffering from dysthymic disorder, is having trouble trying to concentrate, process information, take a decision.In addition, many people have problems with memory, constantly forgetting information.
- Changes emotions Emotions and culture: how to decipher the emotional code : constant sadness for no apparent reason, tearfulness, irritability symptoms Irritability - Try to control your mood , a feeling of helplessness and hopelessness, lack of attentionto their appearance and hygiene standard - the most common emotional changes when dysthymic disorder.