Military psychiatric examination - that the army not crazy
Any mental illness Mental illness - ashamed to ask for help? , especially acute, can lead to complete helplessness of the patient, it is impossible to serve yourself.In this regard, it often raises the question whether such a person to serve in the army and the right to perform their duties.This question can not always be answered unequivocally, so in case of doubt, carry out a military psychiatric examination.
What military psychiatric examination
Military psychiatric examination is part of the military-medical examination (VVE) - military medical examination, recruits or conscripts Military Medical Commission (IHC) to determine the extent of their fitness forMilitary service, including service in certain types of troops.
In Russia, the first mention of the VVE refers to the beginning of the 18th century.At this time, the examination carried out in military hospitals, chairman of the commission was not a doctor and an officer.But with the end of the 19th century, the opinion of doctors in the examination is crucial.
growth of technical equipment of the army and navy demanded continuous improvement approach to the selection of replenishment, so the examination was introduced method of individual assessment of fitness for military service, including assessed and mental state candidates.On VVE authorities are obliged to identify among conscripts and military officials, state of health or unfit partially fit for military service, in need of treatment, sick leave or vacation.Defined as the causal relationship of diseases (including mental health) to their military service - is of particular importance in determining the causes and degree of disability.
To carry out a military psychiatric examination
for service in the Army mental health is particularly important, as mentally ill people can not answerfor their actions to obey orders and to perform specific types of military operations.Military psychiatric examination carried out by a psychiatrist members of the drafting commissions at the military commissariats, the commission for the medical examination of entering the military school and in the garrison hospital and the military-medical commission.The survey is conducted on the basis of instructions and guidance on the inspection of certain military personnel of the army and navy.
contingents of the survey are subject to the following persons (address issues of fitness for military service of persons with mental disorders):
- recruits - is determined by their suitability on mental health for military service in various military branches;
- persons entering into military schools - future officers should not have deviations in mental health;
- soldiers and reservists - in the case when, for whatever reasons, there is a question about the state of their mental health (eg, if they have delirium Brad - not only crazy , hallucinations, and so on).
Pass or no-go?
Considering the state of health of the recruit, the military psychiatric examination takes into account the following basic criteria:
- presence of violations on the part of the psyche;
- degree of mental changes;
- exacerbations of the underlying disease.
The schedule illnesses mental disorders represented 9 articles:
- Article 1 - mental retardation (mental retardation);
- Article 2 - Epilepsy Epilepsy - a sacred disease and convulsive disorders;
- Article 3 - affective pathology (state of mental excitation with the loss of voluntary control);
- Article 4 - Schizophrenia Schizophrenia - to blame civilization ;
- Article 5 - organic pathology of the central nervous system as a result of the transferred exogenous organic pollutant (injuries and diseases);
- Article 6 - alcoholism, drug addiction, mental illness intoxication nature (substance abuse - dependence on chemicals that are not recognized by the drug);
- Article 7 - psychopathy (deformities of character, do not allow a person to adapt to society);
- Article 8 - reactive psychosis and neurotic states (arise as a response of the organism to any influence, for example, stress);
- Article 9 - mental disorders in the late period of traumatic brain injury.
If necessary, long-term monitoring of patients and research of military psychiatric examination is carried out in a closed psychiatric hospital.According to the results of examination soldier may fall into one of five categories of fitness for military service:
- A - unfit for military service;
- B - unfit for military service in peacetime, but fit for non-combatant service in time of war;
- B - fit for combatant service;
- T - temporarily unfit for military service, re-examination after a year.
Military psychiatric examination plays an important role selection of the military on mental health.