Obsessive thoughts - to exclude the load and stress
- Obsessions - eliminate stress and stress
- What is obsessive-compulsive disorder and its types
Obsessive thoughts are often a symptom of neurosis Neurosis - reaction tonervous shock compulsive disorder, or OCD.In mild forms, they can not be associated with this disorder, but the condition can get worse gradually.A person suffering from obsessive thoughts, can understand that they are unfounded, try to stop or ignore them.It only increases the anxiety anxiety - how to distinguish normal from disease? , because of what their own mind control becomes more difficult.Obsessive thoughts are sometimes encouraged to intrusive actions.For example, if a man tormented by morbid fear of dirt and / or germs, he begins to wash their hands often, so that, in the end, the skin becomes dry and cracked.
There are cases when people wash their hands every time a new piece of soap, so just use soap seems to them dirty.Despite attempts to overcome the obsessive thoughts, they keep coming back, and the more people suppress them, the stronger they become.
Obsessive thoughts occur at any time, including when the person is trying to focus on his business.They may have a different theme, such as fear of bacteria and disease, obsessive desire to maintain perfect order at home or in the workplace, arrange objects symmetrically;aggressive impulses;sexual imagery.
- fear of contracting any diseases in the handshake or during contact with the subjects that concernother people (which can occur in public places and at home).
- Obsessive doubt whether a person has not forgotten to close the door, he turned off the iron, plate, and so on.
- of anxiety associated with the fact that some things are not in order.
- desire or fear of behaving inappropriately situation (say obscene things to the important negotiations, to laugh at the funeral, and so on).
- haunting image in which a man harms your child or other people dear to him (in most cases, people with the love of their child and experiencing a nagging feeling of guilt for his thoughts).
- Obsessive thoughts about sex (including the kinds of sex that a person does not practice, which does not feel desire or considers distortions. For people who prefer a heterosexual relationship, can pursue homosexual images and vice versa).
Obsessive thoughts can cause obsessive behavior.For example, a person can go home a few times to check to see whether he turned off the iron, the water or close the window;some patients compulsively believe any objects - elements of the pattern on the wallpaper, the number of cars of a certain color, while he goes to work, and so on.Options obsessive thoughts and behavior are many, but a few examples.
If obsessions seriously degrade the quality of your life - take a hamper normal daily activities and communicate with people, you should seek medical advice.
mechanism of occurrence of obsessive thoughts is not yet clear to the end.There are three possible causes:
Obsessive thoughts and obsessive-compulsive disorder may develop due to the nature of the biochemistry of the brain.Maybe the predisposition to this violation is inherited, although the genes responsible for it, have not been identified.
Obsessive thoughts may be the result of acquired in the communication process of cognitive and behavioral.
Lack of serotonin
Low levels of serotonin, one of the neurotransmitters may contribute to the emergence and development of obsessive thoughts obsessive-compulsive disorder.
- Family history
- probability of occurrence of intrusive thoughts and related disorders is particularly high for those whose close relatives have suffered similar disorders.
- Heavy and / or prolonged stress
- Severe emotional stress How to beat stress?Create an oasis can become a trigger for obsessive thoughts and compulsive behaviors.
consequences of intrusive thoughts and related disorders may be:
- suicidal thoughts or suicide attempts
- Abuse of alcohol or illegal drugs
- Other anxiety disorders Depression
- Eating Disorders
- Inability to cope with work and / or study
- problems in relationships with people
- overall decline in the quality of life