Depression is often the result of severe mental stress and the huge flow of information that constantly accompany modern man.Depression - is not just a bad mood, because that's what depression is the cause of most suicides: a man can not withstand a prolonged state of depression and despair.For removing a person from the state of depression, there is a special group of drugs - antidepressants.
causes of depression
Depression - a melancholy, heavy feeling of emptiness, which is accompanied by a lack of interest in life, and obsessive thoughts about their own inferiority.Severe depression is often accompanied by some mental illness, but may also occur in healthy people under the influence of certain circumstances that can cause a nervous breakdown.
As a result of the central nervous system of certain factors in the body is depleted supply of neurotransmitters - biologically active substances with which information is transmitted (ie, nerve impulses) in the nerve cells.The main mediator, wh
mechanism of action fevarina
Luvox (INN - fluvoxamine maleate) - is an antidepressant that belongs to selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors nerve cells.The selectivity of action suggests that fevarin acts primarily on the neurotransmitter serotonin, without significant impact on the rest of the neurotransmitters responsible for the other effects on the central nervous system.This is important especially because the effect of the drug is almost not affect the other, no less important for the body's neurotransmitter - noradrenalin, which is called the stress hormone - he cites the human body in a state of full combat readiness in the face of danger (increased heart rate, respiratory movements, accelerated exchangeprocesses and so on).That norepinephrine can cause side-effects of antidepressants.
Serotonin is transmitted from cell to cell in place of their connection, called synapses.But there is a mechanism and serotonin reuptake of the cage, which he gave.It is this mechanism and blocks the reuptake of Luvox.
After oral medication is absorbed into the bloodstream, a constant concentration in the blood plasma is reached within two weeks.Then it decomposes in the liver and excreted in the form of the decay products in the urine and feces.
Indications and contraindications for receiving
- for the treatment and prevention of depression occurring on the background of mental illness Mental illness - ashamed to ask for help? ;
- to relieve depression, occurs against a background of various diseases of the internal organs, particularly difficult to treat;
- elevated anxiety anxiety - how to distinguish normal from disease? , which often leads to depression.
Luvox is not assigned:
- when you are hypersensitive to the patient;
- in patients receiving other antidepressants, tranquilizers (sedatives) or receive alcoholic beverages;
- severe violations of liver and kidney function;
- during pregnancy and lactation (breastfeeding);
- under the age of 8 years;
- older people, if they can not tolerate the drug;
- during seizures;
- with frequent bleeding against the backdrop of blood clotting.
Since fevarin impair concentration, when it is not recommended driving transport and other activities that require attention.
fevarina overdose and side effects that can occur when taking
Luvox may cause the following side effects:
- of the central nervous system: fatigue, weakness, drowsiness, dizziness, headache, insomnia,alarm, motor and mental arousal, fear, trembling in the hands, legs and the whole body;
- the part of the digestive system: nausea, vomiting, constipation or diarrhea, poor appetite, dry mouth, disturbances of the liver;
- with the endocrine system: insufficient production of antidiuretic hormone (allocation of large amounts of urine and salts necessary to maintain the correct water-salt metabolism), sweating, sexual dysfunction;
- the part of the circulatory system: increased heart rate, decreased blood pressure;
- from the musculoskeletal system: pain in the muscles and joints;
- allergic reactions: rash, pruritus, angioedema, allergic reactions to sun exposure.
In overdose fevarina Luvox - a cure for the crisis? enhanced all its side effects, which may result in loss of consciousness and coma.In such cases, an urgent need to wash out the stomach, take activated charcoal Activated carbon - old but indispensable (20 tablets - it absorbs and removes toxins) and call an ambulance - in the future will require a doctor's help.
Luvox - a drug that can be administered only by a physician.