Sometimes a person comes "dark" period in your life constantly oppresses depressed mood, life becomes empty, bleak and uninteresting, disturbed sleep, and a thought about whether it is worth living.This state is called a depression, it is dangerous, especially if the last.In order to relieve depression, there is a group of drugs called antidepressants.
mechanism of depression and antidepressant action
In of depression Depression - a little more than a bad mood plays a major role shortage of some neurotransmitters (norepinephrine and serotonin) - biologically active substances capable of transmitting electrical impulsesin nerve cells.Norepinephrine is particularly needed in stressful situations a person, he cites the body as "embattled" and serotonin is responsible for the emotional stability, self-control, sleep, improves mood.For serotonin requires sunlight, it is the lack of light in winter is a frequent cause of depression.
antidepressants first appeared in the mid-fifties of the
almost simultaneously opened and another group of antidepressants, whose operation is based on the fact that they block the reuptake of norepinephrine and serotonin by nerve endings at the site of transmission pulses with one nerve cell to another, resulting in their accumulation and transmission of impulses in the CNS improves, thereby improving the mood of the patient.According to its chemical structure, this group of drugs called tricyclic antidepressants.
were subsequently opened and the other group of antidepressants, but the first two groups and today continue to be successfully used in medical practice.
mechanism of action coaxil
Coaxil (INN - tianeptine) - a tricyclic antidepressant energizing action (occupies an intermediate position between soothing and stimulating antidepressants).Increases uptake of serotonin (ie, blocking its reuptake) nerve cells of the cerebral cortex and subcortical region, increases the activity of nerve cells and speeds up the recovery of their activity after a braking function (for example, after a dream).As a result, the patient improves mood, relieve motor inhibition, increases the overall tone of the body.And as depression and anxiety are often the cause of a variety of unpleasant sensations in the internal organs (nausea, headache, palpitations, and so on), and it improves the general condition of the patient.
Coaxil almost no effect on the cardiovascular system, sleep, motor and mental activity, is not addictive.When administered koaksil rapidly and completely absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract, distributed in the tissues, then decomposed by the liver and excreted in urine.
Indications and contraindications for use
Application coaxil shown in the doldrums, arising:
- the elderly;
- in patients with chronic alcoholism in abstinence period (separation of alcohol, which leads to a number of changes in the central nervous system and internal organs);
- patients suffering from various diseases of internal organs, which are accompanied by anxiety and depression.
Reception coaxil contraindicated in hypersensitive to the components of the drug, pregnancy, breast- Breastfeeding - a personal choice -feeding and children under 15 years.Do not take koaksil with other antidepressants - MAO inhibitors.
Side effects that may occur while taking coaxil
Reception coaxil may be accompanied by the following side effects:
- of the nervous system: insomnia or drowsiness, frightening dreams Dreams: how to understand our dreams , weakness, fatigue, dizziness Dizziness - if the ground is slipping from under his feet , headache, fainting, trembling limbs, feeling hot, feeling of "lump" in his throat;
- from the gastrointestinal tract: abdominal pain, dry mouth, decreased appetite, nausea, vomiting, constipation, bloating;
- from the cardiovascular system: heart attacks, heart rhythm disturbances, pain in the heart, shortness of breath;
- from the musculoskeletal system: pain in mice and in the lumbosacral spine.
Overdose causes increased side effects of the drug.In such cases, gastric lavage and emergency care at the hospital.
Coaxil manufactured by the French pharmaceutical company "Servier Laboratories Industry".