Impotence (erectile dysfunction) - is inability to achieve or maintain an erection sufficient for sexual intercourse.Mild or brief erections occasionally happens in all men, but that is no reason for concern.However, persistent erection problems can be a source of stress ruin sex life and relationships with a partner and have a negative impact on self-esteem.
Many men are embarrassed to discuss erection problems with a doctor, preferring to turn a blind eye to them, but examination and consultation with a specialist is necessary for the normalization of sexual life.Inability to achieve or maintain an erection Erection - what hinders and what helps a man to be a man may be a sign of more serious diseases that require treatment, in particular, heart failure or diabetes.The treatment of this disease can be enough to completely cure erectile dysfunction.If treatment of the underlying disease does not help, prescribe specific treatment.
Erectile dysfunction can be charact
- difficulty achieving or maintaining an erection occurring every fourth time you attempt to sexual intercourse, or a place for more than one month
- to achieve an erectionIt takes more time than usual;
- rapid ejaculation;
- decreased sexual desire.
When should you see a doctor
you should consult a physician if:
- erectile dysfunction or other problems in the sexual sphere cause discomfort to you or your partner;
- you suffer from diabetes, heart failure or other diseases that may be associated with erectile dysfunction;
- you have any other symptoms that are not associated with erection.
sexual arousal in men is a complex process that involves the brain, hormones,emotions, nerves, muscles, and blood vessels.Impotence may be due to a malfunction of any of these elements.In addition, stress and neurological problems properties may serve as a trigger for impotence or worsen it.Sometimes erectile dysfunction results in a combination of physical and psychological factors.For example, a minor physical problem that slows down the reaction of excitement can cause anxiety about maintaining an erection, which in turn leads to erectile dysfunction.
physical causes of impotence
physical causes of impotence associated with the disorder or damage to the sequence of events leading to an erection.Such a violation is often a consequence of the disease.To diseases that commonly cause impotence include:
- heart failure;
- hardening of the blood vessels (arteriosclerosis);
- high blood pressure;
- diabetes mellitus - threatening and incurable disease ;
- metabolic syndrome - a disorder characterized by high blood pressure, high insulin levels, and cholesterol in the blood;
- Parkinson's disease;
- multiple sclerosis;
- cancer or prostate enlargement.
physical causes of impotence are linked not only with the disease.There are other potential causes of its occurrence:
- low testosterone levels;
- taking certain prescription drugs;
- use of tobacco, alcohol and drugs;
- surgery or trauma affecting the pelvic area or spinal cord;
Psychological causes of impotence
brain plays a key role in the launch of a number of physical reactions that cause an erection from the reaction of sexual arousal.Many factors affect sexual Nine ways to feel their sexuality men and cause or worsen erectile dysfunction.These include:
- depression, anxiety anxiety - how to distinguish normal from disease? or other psychiatric disorders;
- tension (caused by stress, misunderstandings, disagreements or other problems).
Erectile dysfunction can have the following complications:
- unsatisfactory sex life;
- chronic stress and anxiety;
- low self-esteem;
- problems in relations with the opposite sex;
- impossibility of conceiving naturally.