Tsipraleks - an antidepressant, which can bring to the suicide
In our time - a time of crisis - more and more people are in need of some support.And if it does not exist, and in a bad mood does not gather the strength to overcome life's obstacles?Then come to the aid of antidepressants - drugs that relieve the state of anguish and depression.
Antidepressants - a means to combat depression
main reason for passing the long-term depressed mood (depression) - chronic trauma or stress, and the broken transmission of nerve impulses from cell to cell as reduced production of these transmitterspulses or neurotransmitters.When depression is mainly affected production of the neurotransmitter serotonin, which is also called hormone of happiness.
order to restore the necessary amount of serotonin, have special drugs which inhibit the reuptake of serotonin at the time of transfer of information from cell to cell and thus its amount in a given location is increased.
Tsipraleks (INN - escitalopram) - is an antidepressant that selectively inhibits the reuptake of serotonin, without affecting the other neurotransmitters (such as norepinephrine - a stress hormone that causes the bodyin full combat readiness, teaching the number of heartbeats, breaths, increasing blood pressure and so on).This is very important because the distribution of effects on norepinephrine would cause a number of side effects.Tsipraleks also has no effect on neurotransmitters such as histamine (hormone allergic reactions), and others.The antidepressant effect usually develops within 15-30 days after the start of treatment, and the maximum therapeutic effect of the treatment is achieved about three months after starting treatment.
Indications for use
Tsipraleks taken only on prescription in the following cases:
- depression - reducing the persistent mood;
- for panic disorder when a person has panic attacks of causeless, including fear otkrytytogo spaces (agoraphobia).
To receive tsipraleksa there are many contraindications:
- hypersensitivity to the drug;
- simultaneous reception of other antidepressants belonging to other groups of drugs;
- age of 15 and after 60 years;
- pregnancy, breast-feeding;
- severe kidney disease and liver in violation of their functions;
- some mental illness Mental illness - ashamed to ask for help? ;
- depression with suicide attempts (tsipraleks increases the risk of the implementation of such attempts in the first weeks of therapy);
- diabetes mellitus - threatening and incurable disease (tsipraleks increases the amount of glucose in the blood);
- bleeding tendency.
Side effects that may occur while taking tsipraleksa
When receiving tsipraleksa may experience the following side effects:
- dizziness, weakness, insomnia or drowsiness, seizures, tremors, movement disorders, hallucinations, agitationstate, confusion, anxiety, panic, irritability Irritability - Try to control your mood , visual disturbances;
- nausea, vomiting, dry mouth, taste disturbance, loss of appetite, diarrhea, constipation;
- sudden dizziness when changing from a lying position to a sitting position;
- decreased secretion of antidiuretic hormone, causing release of large amounts of urine;
- decreased sex drive, impotence Impotence - a female perspective on the problem , abnormal ejaculation (release of semen during sexual intercourse);
- skin rash, itching, angioedema, allergic reactions;
- fever, sweating, pain in muscles and joints;
- syndrome "cancel" - to remove the drug appears dizziness, headaches and nausea.
During treatment should refrain from driving vehicles and Occupation potentially hazardous activities that require high concentration and speed of reaction.
Symptoms of overdose tsipraleksa
If overdose may appear dizziness, trembling of the limbs and throughout the body, agitation, drowsiness, confusion, convulsions, palpitations, irregular heartbeat, respiratory depression, vomiting, hypokalemia (potassium deficiency, which affects particularly the work of the heart muscle).When these symptoms should immediately call an ambulance.Treatment consists of immediate gastric lavage and support of the cardiovascular and respiratory systems.
Tsipraleks established itself as an effective antidepressant, manufactured by the pharmaceutical company Lundbeck he (Denmark).