Bacterial vaginosis - sex is not recommended
- Bacterial vaginosis - sex not recommended
- Can a partner infected?
Bacterial vaginosis - infectious inflammatory disease of women, caused by violation of the microflora of the vagina, namely the increased growth of aerobic and anaerobic bacteria.The most common bacterial vaginosis occurs in women of childbearing age, but this disease is not protected by any woman.The exact cause of bacterial vaginosis is not known, but some factors increase the risk of the disease, in particular, unprotected sexual intercourse, genital infections transferred or frequent douching.
Symptoms of bacterial vaginosis
Symptoms of bacterial vaginosis include:
- abundant vaginal discharge Vaginal white or gray with a specific unpleasant odor (rotten fish), especially after intercourseor before, during, or after the menstrual period;
- itching, or irritation of the vagina;
- pain during intercourse;
- burning sensation when urinating;
- slight vaginal bleeding.
However, more than half of women bacterial vaginosis is not accompanied by the characteristic features of, in particular, there is no specific symptom such as discharge with an unpleasant odor, the disease is asymptomatic.
When should you see a doctor
recommended to consult a doctor if you notice at the new vaginal symptoms, andin the following cases:
- You have never had vaginal infections.The doctor will diagnose the symptoms and help you learn to recognize the signs of the disease.
- Have you had vaginal infections in the past, but there was no such symptoms.
- You've had multiple sexual partners, and has recently had a new partner.In this case, you could catch a sexually transmitted infection by.The clinical picture of some infections, sexually transmitted infections, similar to the clinical picture of bacterial vaginosis.
- you used OTC drugs to treat a yeast infection, but the symptoms did not disappear, you have a fever, or discharge are particularly unpleasant smell.
cause of bacterial vaginosis
Bacterial vaginosis is a change microbiocenosis vagina: a sharp decline or disappearance of lactobacilli ("useful" bacteria) and intensive growth and a marked predominance of Bacteroides, peptostreptokokki, gardnerellas, mycoplasma, and other anaerobes mobiluncus("bad" bacteria).When anaerobic bacteria become too numerous, it disturbs the natural balance of microorganisms in the vagina, which leads to the development of bacterial vaginosis.
Bacterial vaginosis can be transmitted during sexual intercourse, but the disease also occurs in people who are not sexually active.
are the following risk factors that contribute to the development of bacterial vaginosis:
- promiscuous sexual intercourse, multiple sexual partners or a new partner.The connection between sexual activity and bacterial vaginosis is not entirely clear, but the disease is more common in women who have multiple sexual partners or a new sexual partner.In addition, bacterial vaginosis is more common among women who have sex with other women.
- frequent douching.Frequent vaginal douching with water or special hygienic means leads to disruption of the natural balance of vaginal flora vaginal microflora: purity , which can cause rapid growth of anaerobic bacteria, and as a result, bacterial vaginosis.Since the self-cleaning the vagina, there is no need to douching.
- use of an intrauterine device.Women using intrauterine contraceptive devices (IUDs) are at higher risk of developing bacterial vaginosis.
- shortage of natural lactobacilli in the vagina.If the nature of the vaginal microflora is not enough "useful" bacteria, ie lactobacilli, you are more likely to develop bacterial vaginosis.
complications of bacterial vaginosis
In general, bacterial vaginosis does not cause complications.But under certain circumstances, bacterial vaginosis can lead to the following health problems:
- complication of pregnancy prematurity.In pregnant women, bacterial vaginosis is difficult during pregnancy causes premature birth is the cause of low birth weight babies.
- increased susceptibility to sexually transmitted infections.As a result of reducing the acidity of the vagina of women to become easily accessible to infection by various microorganisms.First of all, it is the bacteria that cause genital infections - gonorrhea, chlamydia Chlamydia: insidious and widespread disease , Trichomonas.The probability of infection in women with bacterial vaginosis much higher than in healthy women.It is proved that women with bacterial vaginosis were significantly more likely infected with HIV and more likely to transmit HIV to their sexual partners.
- increased susceptibility to infections after gynecological surgery.Bacterial vaginosis increases the susceptibility of women to postoperative infection after gynecological procedures such as hysterectomy (removal of the uterus) and scraping Scraping - heavy and unsafe procedure uterus.