Menstruation after childbirth - if the bleeding became heavy
Menstruation after childbirth restored in different women in different ways, at different times.On average, a full recovery of the menstrual cycle after birth must be between eight to fourteen months, although cases are known as a record of rapid (two months), and a record of slow (up to forty-two months) recovery cycle.
Many women often mistake the bloody discharge from the vagina for menstruation.But in fact it is a residual postpartum uterine bleeding, not menstruation.Typically, spotting continues for two to three months after childbirth.
Breastfeeding and menstruation
As mentioned, the timing of the reversal of the menstrual cycle after birth every woman unique.This is due, usually with lactation.The fact is that after delivery in women produced hormone prolactin, which stimulates the milk production in the female body.At the same time inhibits the formation of prolactin hormones in the ovaries, and thus prevents the egg maturation and ovulation Ovulation - How to determine as accurately as possible? - release of an egg from the ovary.
If the baby is fully breastfed, menstrual cycle his mother often recovers after the start of weaning.If a child is on mixed feeding, that is, apart from breast milk in the diet of a baby are a mixture, the menstrual cycle is restored within three to four months.When the artificial feeding when the baby receives only milk mixture Dairy mixture - selection of the useful power , restored menstruation, usually the second month after delivery.
Since the restoration of menstruation - is primarily a hormonal process, its speed is related to the speed of the recovery hormonethe background of the female body after childbirth.But this rate depends primarily on how the breast feeding (see. Above).Restoration of menstruation indicates that a woman is able to conceive again, although ovulation is possible without menstruation.
Menstruation after pregnancy
- After pregnancy, menstruation is often more painful than before, and menses are more abundant.
- often precedes menstruation after childbirth premenstrual syndrome - a condition which manifests itself not only irritability Irritability - Try to control your mood , bad mood or inclination to tears, and the whole complex of symptoms, including breast tenderness, headache, fluid retentionin the body and swelling, joint pain Joint pain - how to understand what is going on? , allergic reactions, attention, insomnia.
- In the case of breast-feeding the baby, doctors recommend using konratseptivami, even in the absence of menstruation, since, as mentioned above, ovulation can occur without menstruation.
- non-breastfeeding mothers is also recommended to use contraception, including barrier methods to prevent pregnancy, and birth control pills.
- normal menstrual cycle after a full restoration of all systems of the body of a woman when the uterus returns to its normal state and begins to work as before.
Some people believe that if the menstrual period before birth were abundant, long and painful after birth, this problem should disappear.In fact, often the nature of menstruation after delivery is changing.Menstruation after childbirth may become more regular than they were before pregnancy, as well as less painful or completely painless.The fact that painful menstruation usually is caused by a bend of the uterus, which hinders the outflow of menstrual blood.During childbirth uterine bend naturally disappears varies interposition organs in the abdominal cavity, whereby the position of the uterus becomes more physiologic and pain during menstruation disappear.