The length of the menstrual cycle: the value and importance
matter what the length of the menstrual cycle, as the days continue to menstruation, a woman's health depends on her ability to conceive, and childbearing.Menstrual cycle - this is a very fragile system, and its duration is influenced by many factors.Many believe that the length of the menstrual cycle should be exactly 28 days, but this is a fallacy.
Menstrual Cycle - What is it?
menstrual cycle - this is a normal physiological process, which normally takes place each month in the female body and lasts from the first day of menstruation to the first day of the next.The duration of his individuality of each woman and can change throughout life.Normally, the length of the menstrual cycle lasts 21 days and not more than 35 days.Perfect menstrual cycle lasts 28 days.The first menstrual period (menarche) begins between the ages of 11-15 years and depends on hereditary factors (the beginning of the first month in the closest relatives), climate and national characteristics.End of menstruation, on average 40-68 years and are associated with the onset of menopause.The duration of the menstrual period ranges from three to five days.Under the influence of various factors may be a delay of up to ten days.This is not an aberration.When a longer delay should consult a doctor.
Factors affecting the length of the menstrual cycle
reasons for defining the timing of the menstrual cycle, and may be different in diseases of women and external influences on the body:
- infectious-inflammatory processes of female genital mutilation(endometritis, salpingoophoritis);
- diseases in which education is a violation of sex hormones (endometriosis, polyps and endometrial hyperplasia Hyperplasia endometrial cancer - requires timely detection and treatment , fibroids and uterine cancer);
- other endocrine diseases (diabetes, hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism Hyperthyroidism: increased secretion of thyroid hormone , failure of the adrenal glands);
- high or low body weight (obesity, exhaustion);
- nerve overload (exams), violation of the environment, climate change, moving, travel.
phase of the menstrual cycle and duration
Throughout the menstrual cyclical changes occur in the ovaries and in the appendage.The phases of the menstrual cycle in the ovaries:
- follicular phase, which begins with the first day of menstruation and ends in the middle of the middle of the menstrual cycle (this time in the ovary matures dominant follicle from which the egg is then released and ready for fertilization);
- ovulatory phase - it ovulation Ovulation - How to determine as accurately as possible? and yield mature egg from the ovary (on average lasts about 24 hours);
- luteal phase - is the formation of the ruptured follicle corpus luteum, which produces progesterone Progesterone - norm and pathology and prepares the uterus for implantation of the ovum and the preservation of pregnancy and lasts 13-14 days, plus or minus two (if the pregnancy is notI come, menstruation begins, and then the menstrual cycle is repeated again).
phase of the menstrual cycle in the uterus:
- menstrual (bleeding directly);
- secretory (preparation of the endometrium for pregnancy).
Change the duration of the menstrual cycle after birth
Pregnancy and childbirth body suit "hormonal shake-up", which can not affect the length of the menstrual cycle in the future.Moreover, lactation also affects the length of the menstrual cycle is associated with production of prolactin (a hormone responsible for milk production).Menstruation can not attack during the entire period of breastfeeding, and can go on a monthly basis or at intervals of two to three months.This process is an individual, and even in the same woman after pregnancy is different in its own way.Also, after birth there are certain anatomical changes female genitalia (cervical shortening and extension of the cervical canal), which leads to an increase of menstrual blood loss, shorten the duration of menstruation and reduced menstrual cycle.
As artificially shortened or extended menstrual cycle
Sometimes in life are moments when you need to call before the onset of menstruation or delay their advance (exams, going to the pool, a great date).Come to the aid of combined oral contraceptives.To do this, start early to month, you should not drink up until the end of the packaging of tablets, and, conversely, to delay menstruation, do a seven-day break, and immediately start taking pills of the next pack.But abuse is, of course, this method is not necessary, so as not to disrupt your menstrual cycle.