Late pregnancy - why is it dangerous?
Late pregnancy is most often desirable.In recent years significantly increased the age of marriage and first birth.This often creates difficulties both in child-bearing, and at his birth.Better still give birth on time, at an age in which it is intended by nature.The ideal age for having children - 20-30 years.But in recent years the age limit has shifted significantly upward.And now, in the US the best social and physical age for birth of first child is called 34 years.This is not entirely correct, as the nature is still not so easy to fool.
Certainly medicine has leaped forward, however, a woman who decided to have a baby after 35 years, a number of problems:
- not always possible to get pregnant, and it has objective reasons: firstly reproductive ability of women decreases with age(ie not every menstrual cycle is accompanied by the formation of the egg), and secondly those years, of course, exert their influence in the form of numerous transferred (often unnoticed) infection and inflammatory diseases of the female reproductive organs, which often leads to infertility;Finally, infertility may suffer husband;
- not always possible to carry a child: the amount of miscarriage increases with age, are affected by hormonal changes in a woman's body and a variety of chronic diseases, that she "earned" during life;
- during pregnancy increases the risk of preeclampsia (toxemia second half of pregnancy) because of women having various diseases (hypertension, renal diseases, etc.);
- difficult births also occur in women older than 35 years: the birth canal are revealed slowly, soft tissues have a lower elongation;often at this age have resorted to caesarean section;
- Finally, there may be problems with the health of the child, especially dangerous variety of chromosomal diseases as Down syndrome, their number increases with age;the health of the baby may affect birth injuries Birth injuries - than they threaten your child? and lack of oxygen during pregnancy and childbirth.
How to overcome all difficulties and give birth to a healthy baby
To help a woman give birth to a healthy baby, there are special medical institutions - antenatal clinics.The doctor of female consultation knows all the pitfalls that can trap the pregnant woman and may in time to warn her about it.
First of all, it is desirable that late pregnancy was planned.This is to ensure that both parents before conception Conception, ovarian cycle, fertilization and genetics baby examined, treated all foci of infection or some hormonal changes and consult a physician-geneticist.
register at prenatal better early detection for a number of changes in the mother and fetus there are a number of studies that are carried out on differentpregnancy.If a pregnant woman does in a timely manner all of these studies, the risk of having, for example, a child with Down syndrome is reduced to almost zero.
miscarriages and gestosis also learned how to prevent and treat the early stages - the main thing to recognize their early signs, and this can only be done by the doctor.
In most cases, women with late pregnancy hospitalized for delivery in advance in order to decide on the tactics of delivery.This is not a reinsurance: modern methods of research the state of the fetus and the mother allow to develop optimum tactics of delivery, including the use of an operation such as a caesarean section.
If you get pregnant the natural way fails
As already mentioned, with age, the number of maturing eggs decreases and become pregnant within 1-2 menstrual cycles, it becomes very difficult.But if pregnancy has not occurred within six months after regular sexual intercourse without contraception, you will need to see a doctor, to understand the causes of this phenomenon.
cause of infertility can be set both by women and by men.In order to help make the desired child, presently there are many techniques that allow to help practically all women:
- intrauterine insemination husband (IMS) - is used in case of partial male infertility, if a little sperm in the semen;
- intrauterine insemination with donor sperm (BWI) - is used for full male infertility;
- intratubarny gamete transfer (GIFT) and zygote (ZIFT) - is used in the case when the mature egg can not get into the fallopian tube for fertilization because of the obstruction of the pipe;in this case taken from the ovary using oocyte follicle puncture, combined in vitro with sperm, and using a special apparatus are transferred to the fallopian tube;
- method of in vitro fertilization (IVF) - fertilization of the egg outside the woman's body, in vitro, and then the embryo is transferred into the uterus;indications for IVF are missing or blocked tubes fallopian tubes - asymptomatic , infertility with hormonal disorders, endometriosis Endometriosis - a serious problem with serious consequences , infertility of unknown origin, declining quality of sperm of her husband;
- method of in vitro fertilization with donor eggs (IVF OD);
- method of intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI);taken one egg and under the microscope it is injected sperm, after which the ovum is implanted into the uterus.
If you decide to late pregnancy, then you should know that modern medicine can help you at every stage of the child's birth.