Cystitis - a very common disease, which at least once in a lifetime encounters almost half of women.Infection is not always noticeable symptoms, but it can be detected using a urine analysis.Pregnant women are particularly susceptible to cystitis, moreover, one of three cases of relapse, whereas in non-pregnant women it might be much less.What is cystitis and how to treat it?
cystitis - a bacterial infection of the urinary tract, inflammatory diseases, often observed during pregnancy when the immune system is weakened.Very often the symptoms of cystitis are observed in early pregnancy - from the sixth week of pregnancy and ending the twenty-fourth week.
incidence of cystitis during pregnancy due, primarily, natural changes through which a woman's body.With the gradual development of the fetus uterine size increases, and consequently, increased pressure on the bladder - which, ultimately, is the main factor that increases the risk of cystitis.
most common type of cystitis
often in contact with the bladder the bacteria do not cause any symptoms and will soon die.
Pregnant women are more likely to experience symptoms of cystitis, because their immune system is weakened.From the perspective of the child immunity may be alien organisms (sometimes the same "alien" are thyroid Thyroid - responsible for your hormones and other bodies and developing autoimmune diseases).Since all the alien's immune system tends to attack and expel from the body to reduce the chance of miscarriage Miscarriage - whether it can be insured? , hormones during pregnancy weaken it, protecting thus the child's body and making women more vulnerable to various diseases.That is why during pregnancy increases the likelihood of developing cystitis, as well as the likelihood of recurrence of the disease.
symptoms of cystitis during pregnancy
development of cystitis may be accompanied by one or more characteristic symptoms, including:
- Pain or discomfort when urinating
- frequent urination
- blood or mucus in the urine
- spasmodic pains in the abdomen
- pain during intercourse
- chills or fever, sweating, urinary incontinence
- change in amount of urine
- appearance of an unpleasant, pungent smell of urine, change in urine color
- pain, hypersensitivity, or a feeling of pressureBladder
- In rare cases, when a bacterial infection, the symptoms of cystitis provoked Cystitis - symptoms: spasms, cramps and discomfort , spreads to the kidneys, you may experience symptoms such as pain in the lower back pain, chills,nausea and vomiting.
Harmful if cystitis during pregnancy?
Inadequate treatment can lead to the rapid spread of a bacterial infection, cystitis provoked, to other organs - often the bladder and kidneys.Kidney infection during pregnancy is very dangerous, because they increase the risk of preterm delivery and premature baby.If cystitis treated in time and properly, no danger to the child's disease can not be held.
Treatment and prevention
most often observed in cystitis pain and a burning sensation during urination, and urination becomes more frequent than usual.
To confirm the diagnosis usually requires a standard urine test, and the main method of treatment of cystitis, even during pregnancy, there is a course of antibiotics.Course duration can range from three to seven days.For the treatment of cystitis during pregnancy recommended specific drugs relatively safe for a pregnant woman and a child.It is recommended to seek medical care if after three days of regular use of antibiotics in accordance with the instructions of cystitis symptoms persist or worsen.
to cystitis Cystitis: urgently take measures during pregnancy has not turned into a painful problem, follow the simple prevention of urinary tract infections:
- Drink six to eight glasses of fluid a regular basis (a great help in the prevention of cystitis and other infections of the genitourinarysystem - the usual cranberry juice)
- Limit the amount of alcohol, caffeine, sugar, refined foods in the diet
- To speed up the process of treatment of cystitis and to prevent complications, take vitamin C (the recommended dose - from two hundred fifty to five hundred milligrams per day), betacarotene, zinc
- Carefully observe good personal hygiene, to completely empty the bladder during urination
- Discard the funds for personal hygiene, which can disrupt the microflora - soaps, deodorants, powders, douching
- daily change underwear
- Avoid tooclose, tight underwear and underwear made of synthetic materials.
- Pay great attention to genital hygiene, especially before intercourse;Avoid soaps and other means of leaving the perfumed additives
- Do not have sex when your bladder is full
- go to the toilet immediately when a need not suffer
- Do not use colored toilet paper
- Try not to overwork
- Limit sweetfood and eat bioyoghurts
For the treatment of cystitis, as a rule, appointed a seven-day course of antibiotics.By itself, cystitis is not dangerous to the fetus, but if left untreated, it can cause an infection of the kidneys that could jeopardize the future health of both the baby and his mother.Symptoms of cystitis may disappear one day after the start of antibiotics, but this is no reason not to take the remaining tablets.Today, there are antibiotics, safe for the fetus, pregnant women and prescribe only those drugs.If after treatment the symptoms will pass, or if deterioration occurs, it is necessary as soon as possible to see a doctor.You may need to take a different antibiotic, because the causative bacteria of cystitis may be resistant to certain medicines.
Despite the fact that expectant mothers usually try to avoid taking medications, keep in mind that antibiotics are in any way harm your child and you significantly less than the possible complications of untreated cystitis.