Tinidazole - treats bacterial infections
- Tinidazole - treats bacterial infections
- When appointed
Tinidazole - is an antibiotic drug.Admission tinidazole recommended for disorders such as trichomoniasis, giardiasis, amoebiasis, bacterial vaginosis Bacterial vaginosis - sex not recommended , vulvovaginitis Vulvovaginitis - a disease of children and the elderly .
In very rare cases, tinidazole causes severe allergic reactions.When symptoms such as skin rash, shortness of breath, swelling of the face, lips, tongue or throat, you should immediately seek medical help.
other side effects of tinidazole can be:
- fever, chills, muscle aches, and other symptoms similar to flu symptoms;
- numbness, burning or tingling of the skin;
- Fever, sore throat and headache;
- appearance of blisters on the skin and / or severe peeling of the skin.
Those who have symptoms such should also consult a doctor without delay.
much more common less serious side effects of mononucleosis, for example:
- vaginal yeast infection (characterized by white discharge and itching);
- unpleasant metallic taste in the mouth metallic taste in the mouth - what causes and how to get rid of? ;
- Nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, indigestion;
- Constipation, diarrhea, stomach cramps;
- unusually dark urine;
- headache, dizziness;
- pain in muscles and joints;
- dry mouth, thirst, change in the color of the tongue;
- white patches or sores in the mouth or on the lips;
- minor skin rash or itching.
Before taking tinidazole, tell your doctor if you have ever had an allergic reaction to this drug, and / or metronidazole, or if you are allergic to any other medicines.Furthermore, tinidazole may be recommended when various problems with blood (e.g., low white blood cell count), disorders associated with the brain or the operation of the nervous system, liver and kidney.
During the reception, tinidazole and for at least three days after the end of treatment should refrain from drinking alcohol.
Trichomoniasis: tinidazole 2 g orally once a day with food.Since trizomoniaz transmitted sexually, it is necessary the simultaneous treatment of both partners.
Giardiasis: Adults - 2 g tinidazole a day with meals.For children over three years - a dose of 50 mg per 1 kg body weight (but not more than 2 g) once a day with meals.
Bacterial vaginosis: Non-pregnant women - 2 g of the drug orally once a day for two days or 1 g orally once a day for five days.Security tinidazole for pregnant women has not been proved.
- Intestinal amebiasis: Adults - 2 g tinidazole, with meals, once a day for three days.The dosage for children is calculated by the formula 50 mg per 1 kg of body weight;treatment lasts three days.
- amebic abscess abscess - why it is so dangerous ulcers? liver: adults - 2 grams per day, with food, for three to five days.Babies - one dose per day at the rate of 50 mg per 1 kg of body weight for three to five days.