Breast and pregnancy: an effective method of treatment or just a myth?
- Mastopatia and pregnancy: an effective method of treatment or just a myth?
- Why and how to start breast
Pregnancy - a holiday that female breast is waiting his whole life.The level of prolactin (a hormone that promotes lactation) increased, and sometimes even before birth begins to stand out from the nipple colostrum.The breasts are more voluminous, even those who never boasted bust size.However, it was during and after pregnancy increases the likelihood of developing mastitis.The appearance of seals in the breast tissue is associated with the activity of the hormone estrogen Estrogen - the key to healthy bones and progesterone Progesterone - norm and pathology .In the body of the pregnant woman, they are produced in large numbers, and their level is high up to the birth.In most cases, breast is not the slightest danger to the health of mother and child.
Symptoms of mastitis
main symptom of mastitis is the seal in the chest, usually small.They are round to the touch, painful and moving - that is, when you touch them, do not feel that knot "rooted" to one place.The latter, as a rule, distinguished mastopathy cancer, but alone it is impossible to make an accurate diagnosis.The nodules can be quite large - 2.5 cm in diameter, and even more.It is also a norm - breast Mastopatia - mirror women's health , according to doctors, is developing more than half of all women, but most of them do not pay attention or do not even know that they have this disorder.This is not surprising, because breast self-examination has not yet become common practice among women, breast and very often is not accompanied by any pain or discomfort, or any other unpleasant symptoms.
If you find yourself in the breast compression, as soon as possible, consult a doctor.
The first doctor conducts a regular inspection and, if also feel chest nodules, appoint further examination.
- Mammography.This method is to survey the problem areas using X-rays.Many pregnant women are afraid that the X-rays may adversely affect fetal development.This fear is not unfounded, but the radiation dose mammography, unlike conventional x-ray is very small and is considered completely harmless.Typically, mammograms do expectant mothers over thirty years.
- Ultrasonography is generally used for the study of the seals in the breast in younger women.The fact that thirty years of breast tissue is still so dense that it is difficult to interpret the image obtained with the help of mammography.With ultrasound you can see exactly where the seals are located, as well as define them solid or filled with fluid.In the latter case, the formation of a high probability are cysts.
- aspiration.During this procedure to bundle thin hollow needle is introduced.If the liquid comes out of the knot, then it's a cyst.Pregnant women aspiration prescribed only when needed.Generally, expectant mothers are best avoided invasive procedures such safe even as aspiration.
- biopsy.If the physician can not make an accurate diagnosis based on the results of tests already listed, he shall designate a biopsy.This test is necessary when there is a suspicion that the solid formation in the breast are cancerous.
In most cases the breast does not require treatment, and it is administered during pregnancy especially rare.For example, hormone replacement therapy, which is sometimes used to relieve the symptoms of mastitis, is not suitable for pregnant women.If the breast is particularly painful, ask your doctor to recommend a safe analgesic.Do not take aspirin, especially in the third trimester of pregnancy - a drug increases the risk of miscarriage Miscarriage - whether it can be insured? and premature birth.Screened regularly to monitor the development of mastitis.