Furagin - old proven tool that is often used for a variety of infections of the urinary system, including the children.But in recent decades furagin appointed not so much - his place was taken antibiotics.And only in the case where the antibiotic Antibiotics - whether they will help you in the foreseeable future? develop resistance, recall from furagin.
Can I use furagin children
In various references stated differently.For example, in the most competent reference Vidal Contraindications furagin Set the age of three.But today, most pediatricians follow the recommendations when furagin can be assigned since months of age, and in some cases even weeks.
fact that furagin - antimicrobial broad-spectrum.It inhibits the ability to live a variety of microorganisms.Of course, the effectiveness of it can not be compared with modern antibiotics.However, there is one in furagin indispensable in our time for money: getting used to it pathogens develops very slowly.For most of the antibiotics, ev
Sometimes furagin not apply independently, and in combination with other antibacterial agents, and it increases their effectiveness and sustainability.So furagin not be discounted.But give it to your child, especially if he is less than three years, in any case can not, because it can cause a number of side effects.
Which diseases in children is used furagin
Furagin available in tablets for oral administration, in solutions for topical administration and for infusion.In children, it is used to treat a variety of infections caused by susceptible pathogens him:
- infections of the urinary tract - pyelonephritis, cystitis, urethritis;
- infections of the genital organs of girls - vaginitis;
- wound infections - festering wounds and burns;
- peritonitis that developed against the background of a variety of acute inflammatory processes in the abdominal cavity (eg, against the background of acute appendicitis);
- severe inflammatory processes of broncho-pulmonary system;
- purulent inflammation in the joints;
- purulent inflammation in the conjunctiva and cornea.
contraindications for appointment furagin children are:
- hypersensitivity to the drug group nitrofurans;
- severe kidney disease with severe disturbance of their function (chronic renal failure);
- inborn errors of metabolism Metabolism: The basis of life of all living a deficiency of the enzyme glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase;
- up to 1 month;
- severe disorders of the central and peripheral nervous system.
Side effects that may occur in children for the treatment of furaginom
Furagin as all nitrofurans unsafe and can produce side effects:
- from the gastrointestinal tract - a persistent violation of appetite, diarrhea,nausea, vomiting, impaired liver function for the excretion of toxic substances;
- of the central and peripheral nervous system - headache, dizziness Dizziness - if the ground is slipping from under his feet , toxic damage to peripheral nerves (polyneuritis);
- allergic reactions - different kind of skin rash.
It is because of various side effects in children furagin applied with great caution and only under medical supervision.In order to avoid possible side effects when taking furagin doctors recommend drink more than the child and prescribed concomitant use of B vitamins - they prevent the appearance of toxic polyneuritis.
a means of reducing the acidity of urine (eg, alkaline mineral water), reduce the effect furagin as against this background it is rapidly excreted in the urine.On the contrary, any means which increase the acidity of urine (such as ascorbic acid) - furagin increase efficiency and may even cause it to overdose, therefore reception of such substances at the same time furaginom not recommended.
Some antibiotics, such as tetracycline tetracycline - a natural broad-spectrum antibiotic and all drugs of this series as well as streptomycin, neomycin, kanamycin, gentamicin, tobramycin, sizomitsin, amikacin furagin enhance the antibacterial activity of the appointment and the doctorcomplex therapy is required to take into account.But appoint furagin with ristomycin can not - it can cause disorders of the blood formation.
furagin Overdose can cause severe liver injury (acute toxic hepatitis) and peripheral nerve lesions in the form of polyneuritis.
Furagin used in children, but only in exceptional cases, for other purposes and under the supervision of a physician.