Breastfeeding today is not so common, however, some women feed their babies up to a year or longer.Is it rational, and how to properly take the child from the breast, whether to do it by force, or need to wait until the child will throw the chest itself?
Correct breast feeding
infant receives only breast first six months of life, and then gradually begin to introduce him and other foods, replacing her breast milk.Gradually, the child's diet is administered three foods that are completely displace breast milk feeding during these hours:
- first solid foods at 6 months - vegetable puree (squash, cauliflower, potatoes, etc.);
- second lure in 7 months - porridge (buckwheat and rice, for 8-9 months, you can add oatmeal);
- third lure - 8 months - yogurt Yogurt: benefits and harms drink centenarians or yogurt.
In addition, these lures gradually added other dishes: meat and fish sauce, soup, cottage cheese, egg yolk, soluble baby biscuits.Thus, a four-year child feeding will receive vario
most important - while feeding the baby should be fed with a spoon and drink from a cup, in any case without replacing their nipples.
How to wean a child if the mother is a lot of milk
Just gradually how to introduce solid foods, the mother decreasesmilk production, because it is produced as much as the child is required.If the milk is still a lot, you can try during breastfeeding only give the child suck the breasts are not full, and gradually reducing feeding time and then finish feeding the lure, which he loves most.Gradually, the amount of milk the mother will be reduced, and the child will be happy to have another meal.
What if circumstances require urgent interrupt breastfeeding
It would be better, of course, not to do so, since such termination would stress to the child.But in life anything can happen, including the objective reasons: mother's illness, intolerance baby breast milk, the need to go somewhere and so on.
In this case, you need to express milk as it accumulates in the chest.And as a child still sucks more than you can decant in any way, the amount of milk will gradually decrease.Gradually pumping should become increasingly rare and short.Only in this way can safely stop lactation How to stop lactation - from folk remedies to medications .
But in some cases, if the mother has a lot of milk, it is still growing stagnation of milk in the mammary gland (lactostasis).Mammary gland becomes hard, shiny, hot to the touch.Remove lactostasis can express milk under a warm shower.However, this may increase lactation.Therefore, the iron can be applied cold compresses infusion of mint Mint and its useful properties: aromatic freshness sage or Salvia - cvyaschennaya grass .These extracts can be taken orally.Preparing the infusion such as: tablespoon dried crushed mint leaves pour a glass of boiled water, 15 minutes, 45 minutes, cooled, filtered, topped with boiled water to the original level and take half a cup 3-4 times a day.
If during lactostasis gets into the mammary gland infection, then immediately begin its tissue inflammation (mastitis).The first sign of mastitis is a rise in temperature, redness and swelling in the breast.In this case, without the help of a doctor can not do.While not an abscess formed, help conservative treatments, but after its formation - only operation (abscess is opened, the pus is removed and put a drain for the removal of wound fluid).
What can be done at weaning
There are certain rituals and techniques that were in use before, but that is not recommended today.
- not need to leave the child at the time of weaning.It will be for him a double stress.It is better to gradually learn to distract and comfort him in other ways, not just the breast.By the year a child already knows a lot, he can show the toys, pictures, animals, stroking the head, gently talk, sing songs, and so on.
- can not pull the breast - breast compression disrupt blood circulation in it, causing lactostasis and circulatory disorders - perfect conditions for the development of mastitis.
- can not limit yourself to food and drink - it will not give anything but the weakening of the body and reduce immunity.A lowered immunity means frequent colds that will hurt not only the woman but also her baby, who is one of her catch.
- impossible to ingest drugs that reduce the production of milk and feed the baby at the same time - these drugs will get into his body and it is unknown how it will respond to them.
But in most cases, with proper and timely introduction of complementary foods to take away the chest is not a big problem - it happens naturally.