Sudamen in newborns - watch diapers
skin newborn child vulnerable to infection, so any inflammation and skin rashes are dangerous to his life because of the possibility of joining the infection.The skin of a newborn baby requires special care - it teaches that a pediatrician mom just been discharged from the hospital.
Features skin of a newborn baby
Newborn is a child from birth to the age of four weeks.The main features of this period is that the newborn child is moving from fetal to adult living conditions.
skin of a newborn baby is characterized by a thin epithelium with poorly developed horny (surface, protective, able to exfoliate dead skin cells) layer, it is slightly swollen and reddened, covered syrovidnoy grease.
sweat glands and ducts are poorly developed, limited sweating and inadequate vascular responses (when an adult hot, blood vessels dilate, giving heat and when it is cold - narrowed, keeping the heat) cause skin imperfections teploreguliruyuschih functions.The sebaceous glands are functioning well since birth.
skin of a newborn baby is easily vulnerable, but has good resilience and heals quickly with different injuries.The protective function of the skin is reduced, so it often serves as a gateway for infection.
Miliaria appears on the skin of a newborn child when overheating.At this point, the body tries to get rid of the baby's excess heat by removing it from then.Sweat glands begin to produce sweat, but their ducts still so imperfect that can not cope with the task of removing his sweat accumulates in the mouths of the sweat glands by irritating the surrounding skin.
sudamen manifested in the form of pinkish-red skin rash over the speakers on top of which sometimes form small bubbles with clear content.Bubbles dry quickly and become brown.
sudamen usually begins in the natural folds (in the neck, armpits, groin and gluteal folds), and then moves to the chest, abdomen, back and buttocks.In a state of neglect can cover the entire body of the newborn.
child reacts to prickly heat in different ways, sometimes it does not suffer from the condition, he suckles as usual, asleep and not too worried.But in some cases, the child becomes restless, and often worse than eating screams.
What is the danger prickly heat
sudamen itself is not dangerous, and subject to all the rules of caring for a newborn Newborn care: ten reasons for concern (which is not necessary to worry quickly. ButWe must always remember that the skin of a newborn baby is vulnerable to a variety of micro-organisms around us, many of which are opportunistic. These bacteria live on the skin are always adults without causing disease, as the body of an adult thanks to the protective properties of the skin (immunity)does not allow them to fall into the skin. A newborn baby immunity Immunity - types and characteristics of children in adult has not yet formed and the skin (especially inflammation) vulnerable to opportunistic pathogens. This is primarily different types of staphylococci,which penetrate into the skin of the child, causing the appearance of pustules.Pustular rash on the body rash on the body: the conclusions only after consultation with your doctor newborn baby - this is very dangerous, because the pus with blood can get to any internal organ.
Coping with prickly heat in the newborn
When the prickly heat in the newborn Miliaria - a protective reaction of the organism must be :
- adjust the temperature in the baby's room (not above 25 ° C), air regularlyroom, bringing out the child;
- find the right "breathable" diaper with cotton inner base;diapers should not be small or large, it should correspond to the weight of the child;
- not need tightly swaddled newborn, enough to put him two undershirts (thin and flannel), one with sleeves sewn, and then swaddle him below the belt in two diapers (also thin and flannel), securing the lower edges of the belt diaper babyand thus making a special bag that the child can move his feet;
- monitor the timely change diapers: hit on irritated skin stool strengthen skin irritation;after defecation child should undercut lukewarm water without soap, dry thoroughly with a soft dry skin and give the child a diaper disclosed lie within five minutes;
- folds and other places on the skin, covered with prickly heat, can be treated with baby powder, it is better if it will be just talcum powder, no impurities, as each new component can cause allergies;
- bathe in prickly heat is twice a day, you can simply boiled water a day into the water can be added manganese, making slightly pink solution;more frequent bathing with potassium permanganate will dry the skin and make it more accessible to the infection;bathing in herbal infusions (succession, chamomile and others) - is, of course, is good, but only when the child is not allergic to them, or also added an allergic rash.
Rules preparation of potassium permanganate: in a small vial to make a concentrated solution of potassium permanganate brown, wait until the crystals dissolve and gently (so as not to put the rest on the bottom of the vial crystals), add brown solution in the tub with water for bathing, making slightly pink solution.If
saw that the baby's skin on the surface of red knots were white heads pustules, then you should immediately call a doctor - a state already requires a different approach and treatment.