Psoriasis in children - especially their
Psoriasis - a non-infectious inflammatory skin disease that occurs chronically.Psoriasis in children, in most cases there is acute and during the cold season.This dermatosis prevalent among girls, as they have in their teens are more common endocrinopathies.
What causes psoriasis
Many people wonder whether psoriasis transferred to the child from the parents.It is found that the disease has a genetic predisposition.If both parents have psoriasis plaques, then the likelihood that the child will arise dermatosis significantly increases.
Many patients can detect signs of disruption of the endocrine glands and the autonomic, peripheral and central nervous system.Often the appearance of illness provoke immunological changes and changes in metabolism Metabolism: The basis of life of all living .
There are predisposing factors, the impact of which can lead to the development of psoriasis.These include:
- Prolonged exposure to cold air;
- friction skin clothing;
- emotional stress;
- Infectious Diseases;
- liver and kidney diseases;
- skin lesions;
- nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, antimalarial drugs, β-blockers.
in the blood of children with psoriasis Psoriasis - alarm the immune system found a slight increase in the total protein content and increased γ-globulins.Also identified disorders in fat metabolism, and changes in concentrations of various amino acids in the plasma.
Symptoms of psoriasis in children
Children psoriasis, depending on the characteristics of the disease is divided into several forms.Among them are the most common:
- psoriasis vulgaris, which is characterized by the appearance of small papules (knots) red or pink.They plotnovata to the touch and slightly raised above the skin.Papules covered by silvery-white scales and increasing them in size merge with each other, because psoriatic plaques are formed.Most often they are localized on the hands and feet (on the extensor surfaces and in the elbows and knees) and waist;
- Seborrheic psoriasis, it occurs on the scalp, in the nasolabial, nososchechnyh BTE and folds on the chest and between the shoulder blades.Peeling a yellowish tint, and on his head there is a large amount of dandruff Dandruff : where it comes from, and what to do , which masks rash;
- erythrodermic psoriasis, this form is more likely to develop an exacerbation of psoriasis vulgaris under the influence of any irritants.Affect almost all the skin, it then becomes bright red and covered with large and small white scales.Child bother burning, itching and a feeling of tightening of the skin.Increased body temperature, and lymph nodes increase in size (particularly inguinal and femoral);
- artropaticheskom - a severe form of psoriasis, which affects the joints.Skin rash may precede or occur simultaneously with arthritis.Man bother discomfort, swelling of the ankles and toes, pain in fingers, wrists, ankles and knees.
Psoriasis in infants and children up to five years appears drain the lesions on the skin of the trunk, extremities, face and scalp.Often in the pathological process involved the mucosa of the genitals if psoriasis captures the inguinal folds.
One-third of children who suffer from psoriasis affects the nails on the hands and feet.Their surface is covered with small indentations, and they become like a thimble.
symptoms of psoriasis in children of primary school age are more pronounced when compared with the signs of illness in adults.Rash them brighter, a large number of scales and crusts (inflammation of the dried liquid).
are three stages of psoriatic process: progressive, stationary and retrogressive.The first of them appearing papules, the formation of new plaque and increase in size old.The second - the fresh elements of the rash do not appear, and the third - papules and plaques are flattened, pale, decreases or disappears completely peeling.
Children very often Koebner phenomenon.It consists in that on broken or irritated skin in these areas, new elements psoriatic rash.
Treatment of infantile psoriasis
Psoriasis in children as in adults, treated sequentially, periodically replacing one treatment to another.In summer, due to the action of sunlight, many symptoms of the disease subside.If the skin, new foci, then resume treatment.
For topical ointment treatments are applied, such as salicylic, sulfur-tar and glucocorticoid (prednisolone, flutsinar, Lorinden, ftorokort and others).Inside designate desensitization (allergy) and sedatives (tranquilizers) funds.Used vitamins (A, pyridoxine, riboflavin Riboflavin - if you flushed the skin at the corners of the mouth , B12, B15, folic acid and ascorbic acid).In severe forms of psoriasis are appointed into steroids.Cytotoxic drugs (eg methotrexate) is not recommended for children of all age groups.
PUVA therapy (ultraviolet light on the background of the photosensitizer - a substance that enhances its effect) is commonly used in children older than fifteen years.The stationary and regressing stages can be assigned UV therapy.These methods are used in young children only with severe disease.
treatment of psoriasis in children should also include a reorganization of foci of infection, for example, treatment of diseases of the respiratory tract, ENT and worm infestations.After three years of a child who suffers from psoriasis, it is possible to carry out adenektomiyu (adenoidectomy) and tonsillectomy (removal of tonsils).In most cases, these surgical procedures favorably affect the course of disease.
necessary to begin treatment immediately after the first symptoms.Be sure to comply with all recommendations of the physician.Prevention of psoriasis does not exist.In order to reduce the severity of symptoms of the disease or prevent their re-emergence, it is important to maintain optimum humidity in the house to avoid hypothermia and damage to the skin.