clinical picture of respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) in infants is largely the same as the symptoms of the common cold, so it is often difficult to diagnose RSV.Most children with RSV as they mature cured from the disease without assistance, but some need intensive treatment.
The study found that each year more than 125,000 infants are hospitalized with complications from RSV.Respiratory syncytial virus infection - the main cause of frequent hospitalizations of children under a year.But the victims of the PCB can be adults.Most at risk of RSV premature infants and children with congenital heart disease Heart defects - time heals? or lung disease.
What is respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) in infants?
RSV (Respiratory Syncytial Virus) - a common virus that infects infants (under two years).It is often difficult to distinguish from the common cold because the symptoms of RSV are similar to symptoms of colds.DAM - the most common cause of lower respiratory tract lesions (NDP) in young ch
Who is at risk of RSV?
Infants up to six months are particularly at risk of RSV because their lungs have not yet fully developed.The risk of acute respiratory syncytial virus infection are also subject to the following categories of children:
- Premature babies born four weeks before the due date
- Children with congenital lung diseases
- Children with congenital heart disease
- Children with low birth weight (less than 3 kilograms)
- children raised in a manger
- children, brothers or sisters are in school
- twins or triplets
- Children who smoke in the presence of
- children in a family where there are cases of asthma
symptoms of respiratory syncytial virus
- rapid breathing Wheezing and loud exhale
- Reducing abdominal muscles when breathing
- Continuous cough
- Blue lips
- Poor appetite
treatment of respiratory syncytial virus
- Acute respiratory syncytial virus infection spreads very rapidly and requires immediate treatment.Possible options for the treatment of RSV:
- Mild RSV does not require treatment.
- In severe cases, hospitalization is recommended in order to lower the temperature, to prevent ear infections and associated unpleasant symptoms.
- to eliminate the infection and normalization of breathing prescribed medication.
care for a sick child
- Most poite child.Breastfeeding should be to increase the number of feedings.
- Put a few drops of saline solution in each nostril of the nose to prevent the release of discharge in women when there is cause for concern mucus.For suction mucus from the nose, use a bulb syringe.
- Lift the baby's head and keep it in a good state, to ease the baby breathing stuffy nose.
- In the room where the child is not allowed to smoke, burn wood, scented candles.Also, a child is contraindicated in the smell of smoke and fresh paint.
prevention of respiratory syncytial virus
- Isolate the sick child from colds and other viral diseases.
- dress warmly child to reduce the chance of hypothermia.
- Wash your hands after touching the sick colds.
- Do not let anyone smoke in the presence of a child.
- Try not to take your child to places with large concentrations of people.