What calendula have healing properties, known to many.These beautiful orange flowers used in the treatment of various diseases of Hippocrates and Galen.But any herbal remedy requires careful preparation and long-term regular use, only give full play to its therapeutic effect.
marigold or Calendula officinalis
Marigold belongs to the family Asteraceae.This annual herb with a slightly branched roots, up to 40-60 cm. Stem erect, densely covered with light green leaves egg-shaped.The orange-yellow beautiful large flowers are located on the tops of the stems and side branches, are collected in baskets (inflorescences).Flowers in June-August, the fruits ripen in July-September.
grown for medical purposes in the southern regions of European Russia, the Caucasus, and in the Moscow region.It is popular with fans and flowers and as an ornamental plant found in parks and gardens throughout the country.
In medical applications using the flowers and leaves, without the lower part of the stem.Collect
What chemicals are part of calendula
Calendula contains essential oil Essential oils and conception: can help roses? , bitter substances, volatile, saponins, mucus, a large amount of carotene, flavonoids, organic acids, traces of alkaloids.The green parts of the plant (stems, leaves) triterpinovye contains saponins, bitter tannins.
- essential oil of calendula - is a complex mixture of aromatic nitrogen-free substances soluble in alcohol, and fatty oils.It has antibacterial, antispasmodic (relieves spasms of smooth muscles of blood vessels and internal organs), anti-inflammatory effect.
- bitter substances increase the secretion of the glands of the gastrointestinal tract, stimulate the appetite and improve digestion, are bracing.
- Volatile - volatile organic substances with a pronounced antimicrobial action.
- saponins - plant-derived organic matter, forming like soap by shaking with water-resistant foam.Saponins calendula have anti-edematous, lowers blood pressure and soothing effect.
- Slime possess enveloping and emollient properties.Carotene is a powerful antioxidant Antioxidants: the truth about the notorious use (blocks the oxidation of lipids of cellular membranes) and immunomodulator.It plays an essential role in the formation of skin tissues and mucous membranes.
- flavonoids - compounds poorly soluble in water, they have a yellow color (the color - the color of flavonoids).They have the ability to remove the spasm of smooth muscles of blood vessels and internal organs.Furthermore, they are capable of altering the body's reaction to other substances, such as allergens, viruses, and carcinogens, therefore, have antiviral, anticancer and anti-allergic action.
- Organic acids are actively involved in the metabolism Metabolism: The basis of life of all living , enhance the action of the salivary glands increase the separation of bile and gastric juice.
How does the human body calendula
Calendula calms the nervous system, slightly reduces blood pressure, strengthens the heart muscle, slows the heart rate, reduces swelling.When using drugs inside calendula exert their anti-inflammatory activity, contribute to the restoration of the mucous membrane of the stomach and intestines, the healing of ulcers and erosions.
herb calendula is bactericidal (kills bacteria) activity against streptococci, staphylococci and other pathogens.Drugs calendula accelerate the recovery of tissues, promote faster healing of wounds and scar formation gentle.
Which diseases apply calendula
marigold infusion is used for neurosis, hypertension, heart pain (angina), atherosclerosis, and menopause.
It is also used in the treatment of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract: gastritis (inflammation of the stomach), gastric ulcer and 12 duodenal ulcer, pancreatitis (inflammation of the pancreas), colitis (inflammation of the colon), and biliary tract disease.
Apply it with stones in the kidneys and urinary tract.But the most widely Calendula is used topically for diseases of the mouth and throat, in wounds, abrasions and trophic ulcers, for douching Douching - a controversial procedure in gynecological practice in the treatment of inflammatory eye diseases.Calendula tincture is used for the treatment of pustular skin diseases.
How to prepare medicines from marigold
From calendula prepare infusions, decoctions, tinctures, ointments.At home, you can cook:
- calendula tincture for internal use 2 tablespoons of herbs in 2 cups of boiling water;Take ½ cup 3-4 times a day before meals;
- calendula tincture for external use 4 tablespoons to 2 cups of boiling water.
Calendula - one of the oldest medicinal plants, it has no contraindications except for individual intolerance.