- Rigevidon - not recommended for women after forty
- Indications and contraindications
Rigevidon - kind of preparation: estrogen.Used for: hormone replacement therapy, anti-osteoporosis, menstrual disorders, prostate cancer.Dosage Form: Tablet.
The preparation consists of ethinylestradiol - the synthetic analogue of the female hormone estrogen and levonorgestrel - a synthetic analogue of the female hormone progesterone.Rigevidon may be used for the treatment of dysmenorrhea (menstrual irregularities) and to prevent pregnancy.
Rigevidon can be used as gormonazmestitelnoy therapy in women who do not have enough estrogen.It can be as a woman in menopause, and younger women with disorders of the ovaries.
During menopause, a woman reduced the level of female hormones.Usually the menopause occurs between 45 and 55 years, but may be earlier or later.Rigevidon can be used to replace hormones and relieve symptoms associated with menopause, such as hot fla
Estrogen is present in smaller quantities and in the male body.Rigevidon may be used to treat prostate cancer.
Before taking Rigevidon, tell your doctor:
- If you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breast-feeding.
- If you have a breast tumor was breast cancer or someone from your family was sick this type of cancer.
- If you have had endometriosis and endometrial hyperplasia
- If you or a close relative had venous thrombosis or arterial disease.
- If you have ever had a transient ischemic attack (mini-stroke), stroke, or heart attack.
- If you have liver problems, including the Dubin-Johnson or Rotor.
- If you have heart disease
- If you have been itching, jaundice or a chorea
- If you hyperprolactinemia, kidney problems, inflammatory bowel disease or varicose veins.
- If you have diabetes mellitus - threatening and incurable disease , porphyria, gallstones or migraine.
- If you have abnormal growth of the pituitary gland.
- If you or your family had hypertriglyceridemia (high levels of lipids in the blood).
- If you have had depression.
- If you wanton vaginal bleeding.
- If you have limited mobility.
- If you smoke.
- If you are taking any medications, including OTC medications, nutritional supplements and herbs.
- If you have had an allergic reaction to any medication.
How to take rigevidon
Before taking read the instructions carefully.Discuss with your doctor on which days of the menstrual cycle days of the menstrual cycle: Four phases you should take rigevidon.
- Take it only as recommended by your doctor.
- Try to take the medicine at the same time so as not to miss the reception.
- If you forget to take your medicine, take it as soon as remembered, unless the time has come to take the next dose (in this case should not be taken more and missed).Do not increase the dosage.
- If you suspect pregnancy, stop taking the drug and contact your doctor immediately.
- See your doctor regularly to make sure the medicine is working.
- Regularly breast self-examination and do not miss preventive examinations for breast and cervical cancer.
- If you have an operation or dental treatment, tell your doctor what medications you are taking.
- If you are going to take some other drugs, ask the pharmacist if they do not come into interaction.
- If you have to travel with long periods of immobility (flight over five hours), it increases the risk of dangerous side effects - blood circulation disorders, in rare cases - thrombosis.To avoid this, while traveling to exercise and use a compression garment.
Can rigevidon cause problems?
Also beneficial effects the drug may cause side effects.This does not happen with everyone who receives it.Typically, over time, the side effects are when the body privknet to the drug.But if side effects last long or highly anxious, consult a doctor.
Possible side effects and their control
- nausea, stomach cramps.There is often little better simple food.
- Headache.Ask the pharmacy suitable analgesic.If the headache is very strong and begins suddenly, consult a doctor.
- dizziness.If this symptom bothers you, try to refrain from driving cars or any other potentially dangerous activities.
- Irregular bleeding.If bleeding continues, consult a doctor.
- Dry eye.If you wear contact lenses, consult an ophthalmologist
- High blood pressure, or an increase in breast tenderness, weight changes, fluid retention, irritability, changes in sex drive, mood swings, vulvovaginitis (thrush), leg cramps, involuntary movements, brown spots on theskin.If you are worried about any of these symptoms, consult a doctor.
Important: if you feel severe pain in the chest Chest pain: one symptom - a lot of diseases , shortness of breath, swelling, or pain in the legs, severe pain in the stomach, very strong headache, lose consciousness, feeling numbhalf of the body, notice jaundice, loss of vision or hearing, can not swallow - seek immediate medical help.
How to store rigevidon
Store in a cool, dry, dark place, out of reach of children.