Treatment of worms in pregnant and lactating women - a complex problem
probability of catching the worms during pregnancy is quite high because the immune system of a pregnant woman is weakened.Treatment of worms usually is a fairly simple task, but in the case of the treatment of worms in pregnant and lactating women poses physician challenge.
How are worms
worms, or helminths - is the common name of many types of worms that can live in the body of animals and humans.The most common of these are tapeworms, pinworms, hookworms, flatworms and roundworms.These parasites are transmitted from person to person or animal to person through contact with contaminated feces, which may be present in food, water, or soil.
poor hygiene, poor sanitation in the place of residence, traveling (especially in developing countries), and a weakened immune system increases the risk of catching the worms.
Many parasites can live in the body for years before you see any symptoms of a parasitic infection.Usually these symptoms are stomach pain, bloating, flatulence, constipation, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, itching in the anal area, constant fatigue and weight loss.Although worms can lead fairly quickly, taking special medication and closely monitor the hygiene, infection during pregnancy can pose a serious danger to the health of the mother and the unborn child.In this case, you need as soon as possible, seek medical help.
How to treat intestinal worms pregnant and lactating women
to treat worms in pregnant and lactating women are usually used to fight wormsdrugs are not considered safe for the mother and child.However, treatment is necessary since worms Worms - what danger they are? deprive a woman and her baby of essential nutrients that can cause nausea, diarrhea and other unpleasant symptoms.Although there is no evidence that the worms living in the mother can affect the baby, it is important to take effective measures for their removal.
If used during pregnancy or breast-feeding you had a suspicion that they could be infected with worms, report it immediately to the doctor, the sooner treatment is started, the more likely it will be possible to avoid complications.
take medications that you prescribe a doctor, in strict compliance with its recommendations.Do not end treatment before they are even if you feel much better - to get rid of worms, it is necessary to pass the whole course.In addition to pharmacy drugs, there are many alternatives for the treatment of worms.Since not all of them are safe for pregnant women, before the use of any of them, be sure to consult with your doctor.As a general rule, during pregnancy and lactation is recommended to use the following alternative means of worms:
- Garlic.Eat a small piece of garlic Garlic health: almost a panacea (approximately a quarter of a nail) before and after meals.This will display the worms slowly but surely.Of course, not everyone can eat garlic so often (for example, for social reasons), so for most people this means is not appropriate.
- Carrots - a little-known but effective against worms.Drink one glass daily of fresh carrot juice Carrot Juice - benefits and harms of traditional Russian agents Health restoring .
- Pumpkin seeds contain compounds that effectively kill the worms.Within two weeks, eat two tablespoons of pumpkin seeds per day.
- Garnet.Antioxidants contained in pomegranates help strengthen the immune system and efficiently fight any infections.
- cider vinegar and the juice of papaya.Mix these ingredients in equal quantities, and drink half a cup of this mixture per day.Drink more water to expedite the withdrawal of body parasiticides.
- fiber.Eat more fiber to improve bowel How to organize the work of the intestine - a phased process and to cope with constipation.
- Include in your diet yogurt with probiotics - it will help seize the digestive system as a whole.
To prevent re-infection with worms, take the following precautions:
- Wash your hands thoroughly, especially after using the toilet, cooking and working in a soda;
- not biting his nails;
- Change bedding every few days, and wash it at a high temperature;
- regularly do chores around the house, pays special attention to the kitchen, toilet and bathroom;
- Thoroughly rinse the toothbrush before and after use.