- Sinusitis in pregnancy - what should be done
pregnant woman's body is highly sensitive to any kind of infection exposure.Inflammation develops severe, and may also occur exacerbation of an existing chronic disease.Treatment of sinusitis in pregnancy is largely hampered by limited resources that can be used during pregnancy.From this point of view, the important role should be given to preventative measures.
What are the symptoms
the first place during the installation of the diagnosis of sinusitis during pregnancy out the clinical symptoms of the disease.Many diagnostic methods are counter to any gestation (X-ray or computed tomography), so the doctor can only be based on an objective examination of the patient and on the evaluation of the clinical picture.If a pregnant woman, the following symptoms, you should consult a specialist without delay:
- bloating and discomfort in the nose
- headache and pain in the nose, teeth.Characterized by high sensitivity and tenderness face
- labored nasal breathing (nasal congestion)
- if the process takes place in the acute form, it could join the symptoms of acute inflammation (fever, weakness, malaise, loss of appetite, which characterizes the signs of intoxication)
With the development of the inflammatory process is disturbed outflow of contents from the nasal cavity, mucus accumulates and evacuated.When there is stagnation of the mucus is easily attached bacterial flora, which is the cause of purulent inflammation.Sinusitis in this form is characterized by the most severe, complicated course that requires treatment in a specialized department.All the complexity of sinusitis in pregnancy is to limit the arsenal of diagnostic methods that affect the timeliness and accuracy of diagnosis.Also, many pregnant women do not give enough attention to the state of nasal congestion, regarding it as a symptom of a cold little importance.Often, treatment begins at home, so in the time of treatment to the doctor a pregnant clinical picture can be erased.Nasal congestion in pregnancy may be a sign not only of inflammation in the sinuses, as well as complications such as preeclampsia.Categorically unacceptable pregnant self-study at home, dig a variety of nasal drops without consulting a specialist.
approach to the choice of treatment strategy
For women, it is important that the pregnancy is at a favorable background.Before the advent of planned pregnancy is necessary to pass a comprehensive examination, to exclude the presence of foci of chronic infection, including from the ENT (sinusitis in chronic form).Pregnancy is characterized by a temporary state of immune deficiency, when the body's defenses can not fully cope with the protective function.This causes aggravation of any chronic diseases, regardless of their location.A woman's body should be prepared for pregnancy.The main preventive measure should be tempering procedures, walking outdoors, healthy lifestyle, a balanced diet.If the body's resistance to infection will be at the proper level, then it is possible to avoid cases of exacerbation of the disease during pregnancy.Effectively increases the body's defenses herbal preparations with immune stimulating effect (adaptogens) that a woman can use as a therapeutic and prophylactic purposes.
There are several predisposing factors that increase the risk of sinusitis:
- shortness of nasal breathing, associated with anatomical defects (nasal septum deviation).The need for surgical correction is far debated.Many experts are of the opinion about the need to restore the normal anatomy of the nose.At the same time, there is another point of view, when it is recommended not to rush to surgery.It is necessary to address the issue in each case individually, depending on whether there was a change of nasal breathing on a background of an anatomical defect.If this is the main reason in the case of sinusitis, it needs to be eliminated before the pregnancy
- presence of colds, which were not fully healed.This is an important factor that contributes to the development of chronic diseases, and support long-term inflammation.This group of causative factors may also include the presence of allergic diseases
- weakening the body's defenses
One of their methods of treatment of sinusitis Sinusitis - the treatment may only be carried out under the supervision of a physician is the appointment of antibacterial drugs.If sinusitis occurs in pregnant women in acute or proceeds in the form of purulent inflammation, it is necessary to decide on the admission of antibiotics given gestational age.Pregnant women are allowed to designate only a certain range of drugs.In choosing the drug helps microbiological research, which can give an idea of the form of the causative agent and its susceptibility (antibiogram).
For pregnant women is not a contraindication holding of local procedures for the evacuation of pus from the nose.Sinus puncture needle produce low-impact but this can be used for the evacuation of pus soft catheter.Valid sinus lavage with antiseptic, but to perform this procedure must be a specialist in order to avoid possible negative effects.