inflammation of the ovaries is the most common diseases of the pelvic organs.Especially dangerous inflammation of the ovaries during pregnancy.Acute inflammation of the ovaries during the childbearing rare, often exacerbated by a chronic process.That is why doctors strongly recommend to pass a full medical examination and appropriate treatment is still at the planning stage of pregnancy, as any pathology, including inflammation of the ovaries, which appeared during pregnancy can lead to irreversible processes, up to its interruption.
role of ovaries in the female body
The ovaries are a pair of sex glands and are located in the pelvic area.The main objective of the ovaries is the maturation of oocytes and child bearing.Ovaries synthesize sex hormones, which are responsible for the growth and development of follicles and, if pregnancy occurs in one of the sexual glands formed corpus luteum to produce progesterone Progesterone - norm and pathology .Progesterone maintains pregnancy, and i
During pregnancy, the ovaries are in "hibernation."They suspend their activities for the maturation of eggs, some increase in size (by increasing blood circulation in them) and change their location (growing uterus "pulls" the ovaries up).Sometimes pregnant women feel the nagging pain or discomfort in the abdomen, but such feelings are associated with stretching of the abdominal muscles and pelvic bones divergence.
Causes inflammation of the ovaries during pregnancy
inflammation of the ovaries inflammation of the ovaries - the invisible disease Oophoritis or say when the gonads there is an inflammatory process.It is known that inflammation of the ovaries trigger factors that lead to a weakening of the immune system.Pregnancy is one of these factors, on the background of hormonal changes the body suppresses its protective function, which is aimed at the prevention of rejection of the fetus as a foreign agent.
addition to predisposing factors of inflammation of the ovaries during pregnancy include:
- diseases, sexually transmitted infections (chlamydia, ureaplasmosis);
- hypothermia (wet feet);
- failure to comply with the rules of personal hygiene;
- infectious processes (flu, SARS);
- varicose veins in the pelvic area;
- inflammation of nearby organs (pyelonephritis, colitis, appendicitis).
As noted above, acute oophoritis rarely develops during pregnancy.Especially dangerous is the presence of chronic inflammation of the ovaries, which almost certainly will worsen during pregnancy.The main features oophoritis during pregnancy are:
- aching or sharp pain in the lower abdomen and in the middle (as the ovaries during pregnancy raised);
- pain in the lumbar and sacral areas;
- appearance of abundant purulent vaginal discharge Vaginal (often with an unpleasant smell);
- itching and burning of the external genitalia;
- attaching signs of intoxication (fever, nausea and vomiting);
- painful and frequent urination, constipation, and diarrhea.
During a pelvic exam Gynecological examination: an important component of women's health determined and increased soft uterus (respectively gestation) and painful, softened and somewhat increase in the size of the ovaries.The displacement of the cervix and causes pain.
It should be noted that untreated inflammation of ovaries during pregnancy leads to a threat of interruption, and even to spontaneous abortion.
Diagnostics oophoritis during pregnancy
diagnosis of inflammation of the ovaries during pregnancy is as follows:
- collection of complaints and anamnesis (the presence of chronic oophoritis);
- gynecological examination;
- laboratory tests (complete blood count, vaginal swabs);
- detection of infections, sexually transmitted infections;
- ultrasound of the pelvic organs (signs of inflammation of the ovaries and the threat of termination).