Treatment of cystitis in children - for the information of parents
- treatment of cystitis in children - for the information of parents
treatment of cystitis in children sometimes becomes a pressing issue for parents.It is important to do everything in time and properly, so that the child does not suffer from such a nasty disease.
treatment of interstitial cystitis in children
Interstitial cystitis Cystitis: urgently take measures is an urgent problem for many children and their parents, but so far there has been little clinical trials of the treatment of this diseasein young patients.Most doctors prefer to conservative treatment - special diets, receiving oral medications and bladder instillation.Some doctors to improve the overall health of patients recommend the use of a variety of relaxation techniques Relaxation and stress - calm, not panic! and yoga.
Medicines for oral administration.For the treatment of interstitial cystitis in children using the same medications that are prescribed for adults with this disease, but in smaller doses.However, none of the following drugs has not been properly tested on children, and in each case the doctor prescribes a particular medication, from my own experience and preferences.
children suffering from interstitial cystitis, can be assigned the following medications:
- PPS.In clinical trials involving adult subjects the drug significantly relieves 61% of patients.PPS restores the damaged surface of the bladder, so that the symptoms of interstitial cystitis become less pronounced.Usually improvement occurs within 3-4 weeks after starting the drug.The course of treatment lasts for about six months.At first, the pain decreases, and leaves a feeling of discomfort while urinating, but a symptom of interstitial cystitis as frequent urination, can disappear only 6-9 months later.The most common side effect is slight pentosan polysulfate sodium indigestion, but in some patients taking this drug also causes hair loss.Hair growth restored after the patient stops taking the medication.
- Amitriptyline - a drug from the group of tricyclic antidepressants.It can be given to children suffering from interstitial cystitis, to relieve pain and to eliminate some of the other symptoms of the disease.
- cimetidine - a blocker of H2-histamine receptors.Appointed to relieve pain in patients with interstitial cystitis.
- Gabapeptin effectively relieves pain, but doctors prescribe it for children only in rare cases, as the side effects of this drug can be lethargy and nightmares.
- children Opioid analgesics can be assigned only for very severe pain, which can not cope with other drugs.Drugs of this type can cause a child (and adult) relationship and other serious side effects.
- instillation of the bladder - is the introduction of drugs directly into the bladder.For instillation using drugs such as dimethyl sulfoxide, sodium hyaluronate, heparin, lidocaine, gentamicin, and others.
Other aspects of the treatment of interstitial cystitis in children
struggle with interstitial cystitis can be very difficult for both children and their parents.Due to the nature of the disease, many children have to miss school, it can also interfere with normal communication with peers.Before children go to school, it makes sense to meet with the school and future teachers, and talk about the problems faced by the child because of his illness.At the same time you can find out how the school are children with chronic diseases.If you do not find a proper understanding (which, unfortunately, is not uncommon), you probably should look for another school.From how your child will be taken at the school, will depend not only his performance, but that is more important, its psychological comfort.
school leadership needs to clarify the following:
- child with interstitial cystitis, it is necessary to visit a doctor, which is why it will be more likely to skip classes;
- child need to go to the toilet more often than most children.Several urination per hour for such a child - the usual case, and counsel "patience" in this case, totally unacceptable.The frequency of urination on different days may vary, but in any case, you need to let go of the child to the toilet as soon as he asks for it.
Patients with interstitial cystitis kids at school are often subject to ridicule, which may affect their academic performance and behavior.
open communication with your child's doctor, teacher (including - necessarily - a teacher of physical education), school nurse is an integral part of the treatment of interstitial cystitis, as only this will help your child feel comfortable enough in a team, and prevent the occurrence of social isolation -and often suffer from it even adults with a variety of diseases.Symptoms of interstitial cystitis is often misinterpreted;for example, many teachers tend to believe their appearance psychosomatic problems.In fact, although the symptoms of the disease can be aggravated by stress (this can also occur in many other chronic diseases), they are not caused by stress How to beat stress?Create an oasis .
- Reassure the child that interstitial cystitis Interstitial cystitis - inflammation of the bladder can be cured.Children need constant psychological support so that they can each day to find the strength to fight the disease.
- find their child the best specialists in this disease.Many of them work in clinics at major universities and research centers.
- Contact the support group, and begin to communicate with families who also have children who are suffering interstitial cystitis.
- Learn everything you can about the disease on the child and all kinds of ways to treat it.
- excluded from the diet of the child food and beverages that may cause worsening of the disease (it is, for example, pizza, soft drinks, caffeinated beverages, chocolate, citrus fruits and juices).