St. John's Wort - a herb, which found the widest application in various diseases.Decoctions and infusions are used inside the St. John's wort, topically and locally.In folk medicine, it is used in diseases of the digestive system, nervousness, depression, atherosclerosis and many other diseases.But, nevertheless, Hypericum has contraindications and can not be ignored.
herb St. John's wort
St. John's wort - a common plant.In total there are more than a hundred species of this plant.The most common species in our country, St. John's wort - a common St. John's wort (wort) and St. John's wort tetrahedral.There are also spotted St. John's wort, Hypericum chashechkovy, stone St. John's wort, Hypericum shrub, odorless St. John's wort, Hypericum decorative.As a medicinal herb St. John's wort is used mainly St. John's wort, Hypericum tetrahedral but also has medicinal properties.
St. John's wort - a perennial herb with persistent rhizomes.Stem erect, dihedral, tight, first green, then reddish-bro
St. John's wort can be found in almost every corner of our country, but especially a lot of it in Central Russia, the North Caucasus, in Western Siberia.St. John's wort grows in gardens and orchards, forest clearings, meadows, roadsides, and so on.
The St. John's wort is useful
The composition of St. John's wort are flavonoids, saponins, anthocyanins, essential oil, tannins, organic acids, mineralssalts, coumarin, carotene, niacin and ascorbic acid, vitamin R.
main active ingredient herb St. John's wort are photoactive compounds from the group of hypericin.Hypericin has antidepressant properties, making St. John's wort extract is used to make light vegetable antidepressants such as negrustin, Despres, gelarium hypericum.They are recommended for mild depression Depression - a little more than a bad mood increased anxiety anxiety - how to distinguish normal from disease? , as a sedative.
In addition, St. John's Wort has anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, antispasmodic, choleretic, hemostatic, astringent, diuretic, analgesic, purifying properties.It regulates the metabolism improves metabolism and losing weight without dieting , activates digestion, helps to regenerate nerve tissue.
In connection with the content in the grass of the photosensitizing agent hypericin hypericum increases the skin's sensitivity to light and UV rays.
- St. John's wort should not be taken during pregnancy, because it refers to an emmenagogue, and can lead to miscarriage.Nursing women as St. John's wort is contraindicated.
- Those who take St. John's wort should not visit a solarium Solarium: harm or benefit? and sunbathing in the open air, as contained in the plant hypericin makes the skin extremely sensitive to UV radiation.
- without doctor's advice St. John's wort should not be used to treat severe forms of depression, and to take in conjunction with any antidepressant.
- St. John's wort can not be combined with alcohol and reserpine.
- St. John's wort is contraindicated in people with chronic liver disease and kidney failure, because patients are less able to recycle and how to bring the body of hypericin, which threatens to various complications.
- should not take St. John's wort along with any supplements containing amino acids.
- St. John's wort is contraindicated in patients who have identified estrogen-dependent tumors.
- It is also contraindicated in those who are taking any anti-epileptic drugs, theophylline (used to treat asthma), warfarin, heparin, migraine drugs.
St. John's wort can reduce the effectiveness of hormonal contraceptives, drugs that are used to prevent rejection of donor organs, as well as medicines used for treatment of HIV-infected patients.Anyone who takes these and any other (including OTC) drugs before taking St. John's wort, you should consult a doctor.
St. John's wort must not be forgotten that the application of any of the drug may develop an allergic reaction.Very often allergy develops when taking herbal drugs, and St. John's wort is not an exception.This happens because the plant contain a large number of different substances, each of which can cause allergies.
When taken drugs based on St. John's wort may develop various allergic reactions - from diverse itchy rash to angioedema and anaphylaxis.In addition, each followed by a reception of the drug will cause more severe allergic reaction.Therefore, if you suspect an allergy receiving St. John's wort should be stopped immediately.