Spirea and its beneficial properties - when the stomach hurts
Medicine all times and peoples enjoy a variety of plants.Modern medicine also can not do without the herbal medicines.Because herbs are preparing high heart, pain, relieves muscle spasms and other drugs.
word "spirea" in Greek means "curving" as branches of this plant are bent to form a beautiful lush bush.There are many kinds of spirits, most of which is used as an ornamental plant for landscaping and suburban areas as hedges.All spiraea is a good honey plant, they are often planted next to the apiaries.The Spiro contains many volatile production (volatile substances with a pronounced antimicrobial action), so it contributes to a healthier environment.In our country, spirea have another name - meadowsweet.
in medicine are not used all kinds of spirit.Medicinal plants include, for example, purple loosestrife spirea or meadowsweet purple loosestrife.
Spirea (meadowsweet), purple loosestrife - is one of the members of the family Rosaceae, shrub with brown branches up to one and a half meters.The leaves of spiraea ivolistny large, sharp, lanceolate, with serrated edges, up to 10 cm. The flowers are pink, are located at the ends of shoots, collected in high panicles.The fruit is a bare whisk with turned-out column.
spirea blooms purple loosestrife in May and July.It grows along the banks of reservoirs on forest edges, wet depressions areas in the marshes.Distributed spirea on purple loosestrife in Siberia, the Far East and North America.In folk medicine as a medicinal plant used the roots, young shoots with flowers at the ends of branches bark, leaves.
flowering tops cut spirea (breaks off), connect to the dried suspended under the eaves.
chemical composition of purple loosestrife spiraea is not fully understood.It is known that in the flowering tops are purple loosestrife spiraea:
- vitamins: ascorbic acid - it strengthens the walls of blood vessels and the immune system;carotenoids - of which the body is formed vitamin A, carotenoids are powerful antioxidants Antioxidants: the truth about the notorious use (suspend the aging process), strengthen the immune system, improve the condition of the skin and its appendages (hair and nails);
- essential oil Essential oils and conception: can help roses? spirea - it contains salicylic acid and volatile, has antipyretic, analgesic, antibacterial and antifungal properties, relieves muscle spasm of the internal organs and blood vessels;
- flavonoids - bioactive substances that can affect the human enzyme, thereby enhancing metabolic processes;
- tannins - astringent, analgesic, antimicrobial action, reduce the secretion of mucus.
use of traditional medicine
In folk medicine used decoctions and infusions of shoots with flowers, bark, branches.They have antibacterial and antifungal properties, used for diarrhea, goiter and fungal diseases of the bowel (eg, intestinal candidiasis).
In the East, decoctions and infusions spirea ivolistny also used for diarrhea, to get rid of worms, rheumatism, for the treatment of scurvy Scurvy: a rare but dangerous .Externally they are used for various gynecological diseases in the form of baths and douches Douching - a controversial procedure and snake bites.
Young leaves and shoots spirea purple loosestrife in Siberia and the Far East used to prepare vitamin salads.
How to prepare medicine from spiraea ivolistny
Spirea ivolistny used in folk medicine as infusions and decoctions:
- broth shoots with flowers: a teaspoon of minced raw pour a glass of water, bring to a boil, boil for 15 minutes, made up to the initial level, filter, and then again bring to a boil, cool and take a tablespoon three times a day for diseases of the gastrointestinal tract;
- infusion shoots with flowers: a teaspoon of minced raw pour a glass of boiled water, 20-30 minutes, filter and take a tablespoon three times a day for diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
Dried shoots and flowers of purple loosestrife spirea also prepare teas and fresh shoots - salad, seasoning them with vegetable oil or sour cream.
Spirea - a very nice decorative plant that can brighten any garden.But as medicinal plants spirea poorly understood, in addition, not all the species of this plant are used to treat, so do not use them to treat yourself, it is better to rely on the experience of herbalists, talking to your doctor.