furadonin traditionally long been used to treat urinary tract infections.Is it possible to assign furadonin pregnant women?Some doctors prescribe his short courses, but the women to read in the instructions that it is contraindicated in pregnancy, refuse taking this medicine.
furadonin possible to use during pregnancy?
furadonin belongs in the group of nitrofurans and has an antimicrobial effect on a wide range of bacterial flora that causes diseases of the urinary tract.Today, of course, there are more effective antibacterial agents, but, nevertheless, are sometimes prescribed furadonin and why?This is usually done when the microflora caused by the disease, is insensitive to other antibacterial agents.And to furadonin addictive pathogens develops slowly.
furadonina But the reception is contraindicated in pregnancy because of the fact that it crosses the placental barrier and can have toxic effects on the fetus.
course, this drug does not refer to the most toxic drugs.According to
Drugs category B may be used during pregnancy, but the risk of toxic effects on the fetus is still there, so all instructions to furadonin furadonin -protects the kidneys and urinary tract says that it is contraindicated in pregnancy.In practice it is used, but only after a preliminary study of microbial (bacterial inoculation test) urine to identify the infectious agent and its sensitivity to antibiotics.
However, furadonin should not be used under any circumstances in the first twelve weeks of pregnancy.To be absolutely accurate, that starting from the second week, the twelfth inclusive.At this time, the fetus is most vulnerable to the impact of any drugs, as is the laying of its major organs and tissues.During the first weeks of pregnancy, the fetus is not related to the mother's body, it develops fully autonomous, getting nutrients from the ovum.During this week, the fertilized egg moves through the fallopian tube to the uterus, and the seventh - tenth day embedded in the wall of the uterus.Immediately begins to develop the general circulation, and the embryo is fed through the circulatory system of the mother and nutrients to him can come and toxic substances.
Thus, the use furadonina after the twelfth week of pregnancy can only be prescribed by a doctor, who will assess the risk of its application and compare it with the risk of severe infections of the urinary tract.
Indications and contraindications
Pregnant women are prone to urinary tract infections because of low immunity, the proximity of the circulatory system of the urinary tract and intestines (infectious agents can enter through the blood from the intestine in the urinary system) and compression of the urinary systemThe growing uterus.Therefore, pregnant women often develop cystitis and pyelonephritis.
furadonin used in infectious and inflammatory diseases of the urinary tract in pregnant women only when infectious agents are insensitive to other, less toxic drugs.
contraindication for appointment furadonina are expressed by the human kidney and liver, congenital enzyme deficiency of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase, severe diseases of the cardiovascular system in violation of its functions and increased sensitivity to furadonin.
side effects of furadonina
When receiving furadonina in pregnant women may experience the following side effects:
- from respiratory - chest pain, cough, dyspnea, toxic damage of the lung tissue;in patients with bronchial asthma attacks may become more frequent;
- from the gastrointestinal tract - poor appetite, nausea, vomiting, discomfort and pain in the upper abdomen, diarrhea;possible liver toxicity with the development of hepatitis;
- of the central and peripheral nervous system - headache, dizziness Dizziness - if the ground is slipping from under his feet , lethargy, loss of peripheral nerves (neuritis);
- the blood system - reduction in the number of white blood cells (immune system falls), platelets (increased bleeding), develop various types of anemia;
- allergic reactions - different kind of itchy rash, including rash, swelling Prevention and treatment of edema - it is important to understand the root cause of Kvinke .;
- skin reactions - toxic reactions in the form of various types of rash;
- other side effects - the rise in temperature, aching joints Joint pain - how to understand what is going on? (sometimes resembles flu), the accession of further infection.
furadonin used in the treatment of pregnant women, but only when strictly necessary and prescribed by a doctor.