Prolonged pregnancy always causes anxiety in women.A related stress How to beat stress?Create an oasis does not benefit either the mother or the child, so do not worry, you need to trust the doctor of female consultation, which is responsible for monitoring the condition of the pregnant woman.If necessary, a woman with a post-term pregnancy will be provided with all necessary assistance.
What is a prolonged pregnancy and its causes
believed that a normal pregnancy lasts 40 weeks or 9 calendar months.Obstetric obtained 10 months, as contained in the obstetric month 28 days or 4 weeks.In some cases, a normal pregnancy can last longer than 1-2 weeks without any consequences for the mother and baby - it's just a physiological feature of this woman, most often associated with the menstrual cycle duration (over 28 days), and heredity (at perenashivaniemother or other close relatives).
Underlying perenashivanie pregnancy are changes in the central nervous system of the mother or the connec
Contributing factors to perenashivanie pregnancy is a metabolic disorder Metabolism: The basis of life of all living , caused by poor nutrition, lack of vitamins that make up the enzymes that accelerate all chemical reactions.Matter deferred mother genital diseases, especially inflammatory, abortion, stress, endocrine disease, liver disease, and so on.
great importance is the fear of pregnant women before birth and its involuntary subconscious desire as long as possible to delay the onset of labor.
signs of prolonged pregnancy
True perenashivanie pregnancy is associated with a number of features that will always be found during the examination at the antenatal clinic is:
- a significant reduction in the volume of amniotic fluid (less than 600 ml), in the future it cancause of the weakness of labor;amniotic fluid become cloudy from meconium (stool is the first fruit);
- despite a long period of pregnancy the amniotic fluid is not divided into front and rear;this should take place at the end of pregnancy, after lowering the baby's head in the pelvis;front leading press on the cervix and contribute to its disclosure, lack of water slows down the front opening of the birth canal;
- baby's skin becomes dry, her little (or no) syrovidnoy grease - a sign of over-ripe fruit;
- post-term fetus is thicker cranial bones, thin seams between the skull and the smaller fontanelle (it can be seen on ultrasound), which complicates childbirth as head hardly passes through the birth canal;This may cause birth trauma Birth injuries - than they threaten your child? ;
- prolonged pregnancy when the placenta is aging and it is the most dangerous symptom: the child does not get all the necessary for its development of nutrients and oxygen;lack of oxygen is dangerous because it makes the child hypoxia - a serious condition that may affect the future development of the child (the first sign of hypoxia - strengthening or weakening of the opposite motor activity of the fetus);
- of mammary glands may begin the selection discharge in women when there is cause for concern milk instead of colostrum (it is more liquid, bluish color, in contrast to the yellowish colostrum).
Diagnosis Diagnosis of prolonged pregnancy includes the inspection of obstetricians, fetal ultrasound (defined by failure of the placenta, oligohydramnios, bone characteristics of the fetal head), amnioscopy (inspection membranes using a special instrument amnioscopy introducedthe cervix for examination), laboratory studies: analyzes on hormones and biochemical composition of blood and amniotic fluid.
Help with prolonged pregnancy
perenashivanie If you suspect that a pregnant woman is sent to the maternity hospital, where she carefully examined, in confirming the diagnosis is ready to leave.Preparation for childbirth is softening of the cervix and the expansion of its channel with the help of special gels with hormones.When the cervix is ready for delivery, induction of labor is carried out while monitoring the condition of the fetus by means of a special study (CTG).If you still lingering labors, the child suffers from a lack of oxygen, held caesarean section.
Prolonged pregnancy - it's not a terrible diagnosis, however, is not worth risking the life of a child, it is better to heed the recommendations of the doctor and promptly go to a maternity hospital.