Thrush - one of the main problems during pregnancy.Should I treat it?Obstetricians believe that not only should, but necessary in order not to infect the baby.But the problem is that not everyone is an antifungal medication fit a pregnant woman.
problem thrush during pregnancy
Thrush is caused by yeast fungi of the genus Candida.In most people these fungi are present in the mucosa of the genital organs, but do not cause disease, because the body's defenses (immune system) do not allow them to penetrate the barrier such as the mucosa.The signs of thrush usually appear at lower immunity.
During pregnancy, the immune system is reduced - is a physiological response to the foreign cells of the fetus, which develops in the mother's body.If there was no decrease in immunity, then the mother ottorgnul to the fetus.
Immunosuppression except pros and cons is: in a woman's body begin to implement various pathogens, including fungi.Therefore, pregnant women often appear uncomfortable symptoms such
yeasts isolated in 70-80% of pregnant women.Infection of the fetus mushrooms in utero is rare, however, such cases happen with the development of the fetus generalized (affecting all organs and systems) fungal infections and premature termination of pregnancy.There are also infected infants during childbirth.Therefore, fungal infections in pregnant women necessarily treated.
What Flucostat and whether it can be applied to pregnant
Flucostat (INN - fluconazole) - a broad antifungal spectrum.Its mechanism of action is based on the inhibition of synthesis of biologically active substances (ergosterol), required for the construction of cell walls, which leads to the death of fungi.The drug is very effective, it is active against most pathogenic fungi.Such a preparation can not have side effects.Adverse actions include fljukostat:
- on the part of the gastrointestinal tract - a violation of appetite, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain Abdominal pain: Types and Symptoms , bloating, transient liver function abnormalities,including heavy;
- of the central nervous system - headache, dizziness Dizziness - if the ground is slipping from under his feet , tendency to seizures;
- in the blood - decrease in the number of white blood cells, including granulosa (sharp decline in immunity), decreased platelet count (tendency to bleed);
- the part of the circulatory system: cardiac arrhythmia;
- allergic reactions - immediate (urticaria, angioedema, anaphylactic shock) and slow (for example, skin rash) type;
- by metabolic processes - increased blood levels of bad cholesterol clogging blood vessels, reduction in blood potassium ions (which are particularly necessary for the working of the heart muscle).
- other side effects - renal dysfunction, baldness.
Even if you just read the list of side effects, it becomes quite clear that prescribe such a drug for the treatment of thrush treatment of thrush : how to get rid of bad fungus pregnant women is not necessary.In addition, there are no reliable studies on the effects on the developing fetus fljukostat.Furthermore, there are publications that it is teratogenic (causing malformation) and embryotoxic (capable of intoxicating affect the fetus) effect.
However, sometimes you have to take risks and to assign pregnant women Flucostat, but it is only when she developed generalized (involving all organs and systems) defeated body.This is just one classic case where the "expected benefit of treatment exceeds potential risk to the fetus" (the standard phrase used in the instructions for medications).
What can be taken by pregnant women with thrush?
thrush there are special drugs that are not absorbed into the blood and act only locally, without causing systemic effects on the body.These drugs include, for example, pimafutsin Pimafucin - help in difficult times , gyno-pevaril, gyno-daktorin, Gyno-Lotrimin, gyno-daktanol, gyno-travogen.All these drugs are prescribed locally in the form of vaginal tablets or suppositories.
Flucostat during pregnancy can certainly be used, but only in extreme cases where fungal infection has spread so much that threatens the lives of women and children.And certainly this drug should not be used without a doctor's prescription.