Insomnia - one of the most common problems during pregnancy, forcing women, already suffering from hormonal fluctuations, to feel even more tired and irritable Irritability - Try to control your mood .Meanwhile, healthy sleep during pregnancy is equally important for the health of both the future mother and her child.However, insomnia during pregnancy does not threaten the child and, in general, takes itself after birth.
What causes insomnia during pregnancy?
- first trimester of pregnancy hormone accompanied by sharp drops.Hormonal imbalance can disrupt sleep and cause insomnia.
- Though hormonal changes are considered to be the main reason, there are many other factors affecting the appearance of insomnia during pregnancy.Stress, irritability and anxiety because of the responsibility of motherhood, anxiety about the health of the unborn baby make a woman feel and thus violate a sound sleep.
- As a rule, the situation will normalize in the second trimester of pregnancy, which is considered the easiest period for the future mother.However, in the third trimester of pregnancy sleep disturbances or insomnia may occur again.The main cause of insomnia in the third trimester of pregnancy are considered frequent urination and discomfort caused by a change in body shape and size.
Treatment of insomnia during pregnancy
Medications to treat insomnia advised to accept pregnant women, because they can cause complications.The best option for the future mother - a simple lifestyle changes and natural remedies.Among them:
- warm shower before going to bed.
- Relaxation techniques - soothing music, massage feet Foot massage: relaxation and health improvement , fragrant candles in the bedroom.
- Overeating or, conversely, malnutrition before going to bed leads to sleep disturbances Dreams: how to understand our dreams .In the afternoon, women suffering from insomnia, it is necessary to abandon the drinks with a high caffeine content.
- Exercise - even simple daily exercise will not only provide a pregnant woman healthy sleep, but also to regain lost tone.
- Yoga and other relaxation techniques can help get rid of insomnia during pregnancy.
- Maintaining a certain daily routine, going to bed and rising at the same time help to ease the symptoms of insomnia.
- Some foods may cause drowsiness - such as potatoes, bananas Bananas: benefit and harm to health , cheese, eggs, honey and fish.