Bloating during pregnancy - the main causes of flatulence
- Bloating during pregnancy - the main causes of flatulence
- What can be done
Bloating during pregnancy - this phenomenon, which will sooner or later face all pregnant women.Bloating during pregnancy brings much discomfort and considerable, as it is one of the most unpleasant features or "signs" of pregnancy.
Once you get a positive pregnancy test, you start to think that you are small jeans.Indeed, in the early months of pregnancy a woman's body is changing, what should "thank" the sex hormone progesterone Progesterone - norm and pathology .Progesterone is essential for normal pregnancy and fetal health (no wonder it is called the pregnancy hormone), but apart from that it stimulates the appearance of the three most unpleasant for the pregnant woman's symptoms: bloating, belching and flatulence.Why is that?The fact that progesterone causes relaxation of smooth muscles of the body (including the gastro-intestinal tract).This slows down the process of digestion and assimilation of food contained in the nutrients needed more time.It's good.The bad news is that the slow metabolism improves metabolism and losing weight without dieting can cause bloating.Besides, bloating during pregnancy affects another important factor - increasing pressure on the bowel and uterus reducing its tone.
What you should know
Unfortunately, the constant feeling that you have eaten too much for lunch, with the development of pregnancy is reinforced, as the uterus is growing in size and puts pressure on the stomach and intestines.This may cause not only discomfort, but also painful, but think that the pain and discomfort once you feel, and the child grows calm you in the womb, where it is warm and cozy.
How to reduce bloating in pregnancy
- eat right and drink plenty of water to avoid constipation during pregnancy,because constipation can aggravate bloating.
- Reduce portion size, go to the frequent but smaller meals Fractional power: how to lose weight , to avoid overloading the digestive system (instead of three main meals - six or seven snacks during the day).
- Eat slowly.When we eat too quickly, we often swallow air.Once in the digestive system, the air may form a "gas pockets" in the gut.Chew food, to start the process of digestion - your gut will thank you.
- Try to relax.Because of the stress you can swallow air as during meals and throughout the day.And do not talk with your mouth full - this is not just ugly, but also harmful.
- Follow the diet for pregnant women, do not use products that contribute to gas formation: cabbage, beans, fried onion, or any other products that impact directly on your gastrointestinal tract.
- Drink less fluids while eating.You can compensate for fluid intake throughout the day.
- Drink a cup or glass - not from a bottle or through a straw - and do not swallow the liquid immediately, it should stay in your mouth.Drink in small sips.
- excluded from the diet sodas.
- Avoid foods with sugar substitutes, such as sorbitol, the most common artificial sweetener.
- Do not eat or drink while standing or lying down.Even if you take a sip of water or a sandwich, sit down.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing, compress the waist and abdomen.
- Do not chew gum or suck on hard candy.
- move more.Even brisk walking can improve the tone of the digestive tract.
- not smoke.Smoking not only causes and exacerbates many serious health problems, but also increases the acidity of the stomach (ideally from this habit should be abandoned before pregnancy. If you still smoke and can not quit on their own, consult your doctor).
- Think about how to do yoga or find other methods of relaxation.Learn how to breathe properly - is the ability to not only reduce bloating, but also help in childbirth.For some women, there is a tendency to hyperventilate, so they swallow more air when excited or alarmed.
- If these measures do not help, consult your doctor and ask them to pick a carminative.Many pregnant women are advised to take Espumizan Espumizan - quick release of gases .It is not absorbed into the blood and affects the development of the fetus, therefore considered absolutely safe treatment for abdominal bloating for pregnant women.Also Espumizan as a carminative, you can use all other medicines on the basis of simethicone.Do not take tablets of activated charcoal, because they are not safe during pregnancy.