- Colds during pregnancy - how dangerous is it?
- Why is there a cold
As during pregnancy the immune system is weakened somewhat, so as not to give the body to deprive the unborn child, pregnant women are especially vulnerable to infections, such as coughs, colds andflu.
necessary to support your immune system with a healthy diet Healthy eating - do not limit yourself to eating , including in your diet plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables.It helps the body fight infections.In addition, they contain antioxidant vitamins, such as vitamin C. Besides, during pregnancy is useful to take pharmaceutical supplements for pregnant women with vitamins and minerals.Try as little as possible to get nervous and a little more rest.
Medicines should not buy medicines for coughs or colds without prescription without consulting your doctor or pharmacist and make sure that these drugs are allowed to take during pregnancy.Many of them contain ingredients that do not pass
If you need an anesthetic, it is best to take the recommended dose of paracetamol.Do not drink aspirin, since the first weeks of pregnancy, it can affect a child's development, and in the later stages - at the beginning and duration of labor.From receiving ibuprofen, codeine and analgesics, which are a combination of drugs, and should be avoided.
Do not take vitamin C in large doses.The Ministry of Health recommends that during pregnancy does not take more than 60 mg of the vitamin a day.As for the warming ointments and cough lozenges, they are perfectly safe.
There are many safe natural remedies to help relieve the symptoms of coughs and colds.
- If you have a sore throat and cough torments, prepare yourself healthy beverage, hot water, honey and lemon.
- Drink plenty of fluids.Especially in the cold to help warm drinks.Drink infusion of rose hips, rich in vitamin C.
- Get plenty of rest.In the dream Dreams: how to understand our dreams lighter body fight disease.
- Eat right, eat lots of fruits and vegetables, which contain the required amount of vitamins, minerals, carbohydrates, proteins and fats.
- If you have a cold and a stuffy nose, make a steam inhalation.Cover your head with a towel, lean over the bowl with hot water, to which is added 2-3 drops of eucalyptus oil, and breathe steam to relieve nasal congestion.
- Rinse with salt water to help cope with an infection of the throat.
- on a handkerchief to put two drops of tea tree essential oil Tea tree oil or marjoram and inhale the smell at regular intervals.
You can also use other complementary treatments such as homeopathy Homeopathy - the placebo effect in the service of medicine? , but always contact a licensed medical practitioner and explain to him that you are expecting a baby.
If you have a permanent or persistent cough cold, contact your doctor, as this may be an additional infection, such as bronchitis, also requires treatment.
Contact your doctor
If you have any doubts about your health, you should consult your doctor or midwife who will answer all questions and dispel doubts, no matter how insignificant they may seem.
If you're worried that antibiotics can harm your child, remember that there are many antibiotics, it is safe to take during pregnancy, but there are some that are not safe.So be sure to remind your doctor that she was pregnant before he begins to write out a prescription.
Penicillin is safe for use in pregnant and tetracycline in early pregnancy causes fetal development disorders, as well as change the color of milk and permanent teeth of the child at a later date.Never take antibiotics left over after previous treatment, and always fully carry out the treatment prescribed.