- sciatica during pregnancy: Causes and Treatment
- What is sciatica?
Lancinating pain, tingling or numbness that starts in the back and radiates to the hips and legs - these may be signs of sciatica.During pregnancy sciatica most often develops in the third trimester.
The bigger the uterus, the more it presses on various internal organs.In particular, it can put pressure on the sciatic nerve sciatic nerve: how to avoid the excruciating pain? , which passes through the lower back.When the pressure on the sciatic nerve and there is pain in the back, which can be given to different parts of the body, most often - in feet.When a child is in the third trimester of pregnancy turns upside down may occur pinched sciatic nerve, which will result in severe pain.
Depending on the child's movements pain may be constant or not.Often the symptoms of sciatica persist for some time after birth.
One of the most unpleasant aspects of sciatica during pregnancy is tha
Nutrition and Fitness
While prevent sciatica during pregnancy impossible, experts say that women who eat right and exercise regularly, carry a variety of discomfort associated with pregnancy, it is easier than those wholead less healthy lifestyles.This is due to the fact that a good muscle tone makes it easier to support various structures of the body and better control their movements during an attack of sciatica.
Despite the fact that pregnant women who suffer from very severe sciatica, doctors can prescribe intake of prescription painkillers, experts agree that if possible it should be avoided.Less effective, but safer substitutes analgesics can be massage, relaxation, as well as alternating hot and cold compresses to relieve muscle spasms.
Doctors recommend that women scare from sciatica during pregnancy, pay close attention to your posture Posture - a few helpful tips for those who want to walk straight .Whatever activity you do, poor posture and awkward posture in general can contribute to symptoms of sciatica, and aggravation.
In addition, during pregnancy, especially in the later stages, it is necessary to wear low-heeled shoes, and avoid shoes that a significant part of the body weight falls on the heel.
also useful to sleep on a hard bed or on the floor, putting a pillow between the knees.
Exercises to relieve pain
There are exercises that help temporarily relieve pain that appears when sciatica.Here are some of them:
- Get on all fours.Lower the head and bend the back arc.Then, straighten your back and raise your head - the neck should be parallel to the back.Repeat 10-15 times, or you can.In carrying out this exercise several times a day, you will reduce the pain and tension in the back.
- Do at least 10 sit-ups slow daily.This is an effective way to keep in shape leg muscles.If you find it hard to keep balance during exercise, grasp the back of the chair.
- Stand with your back to the wall.Is pressed against the wall so that the lumbar spine turned to it as closely as possible.Relax, then repeat.This simple exercise stretches and relaxes the muscles of the back.
- In addition to these exercises, a good help to cope with back pain Back Pain: Do not start the walking and swimming.Of course, physical activity should be moderate.If the symptoms will become stronger, consult a doctor.He may recommend a special massage which will ease the symptoms of sciatica.