Dufalac: instructions for use - the threatened overdose?
Dufalac - drugs used to treat constipation.The structure includes lactulose Duphalac - kind of glucose Glucose: The energy source , a split in the colon by bacteria to acids that cause fluid retention in the intestine, stool softener, and enhancing intestinal peristalsis.Dufalac Like other drugs with lactulose, used to treat chronic constipation.
Dufalac: all you need to know
- onset of action than immediately after taking - tend to alleviate the symptoms of chronic constipation requires twenty-four to forty-eight hours.
- Duphalac can be administered to pregnant women and breastfeeding women, and children aged up to one year.
- take the drug must be in strict accordance with the manufacturer's instructions.Measure out the liquid (Duphalac is available in syrup form) must be a special scoop or measuring cup, not a regular table spoon.
- slight change in color of the liquid is completely normal, but when the syrup has changed color or consistency, it is better to refuse to accept.
- Dufalac in the form of a syrup can be mixed with water or juice, or take in a pure form.
- Store this medication must be at room temperature in a dry, dark place.
Recommended dosage of the drug - fifteen milliliters twice a day for adults (including the elderly), ten milliliters twice a day for children aged from five to ten years, five milliliters twice a day - for children aged under fiveyears.Do not take two doses at the same time - this can cause an overdose and cause intense diarrhea.The main signs of overdose - diarrhea, abdominal pain, dry hot skin, uneven heartbeat, thirst, muscle weakness.
- Dufalac not recommended if you are hypersensitive galactose (milk sugar).
- Duphalac should be taken with caution for different types of diabetes.
- The drug should be discontinued, if the action of Duphalac cause intense, prolonged diarrhea (such cases are usually caused by an overdose of the drug).
- Do not take Duphalac simultaneously with antacids without first consulting a doctor.Some preparations of antacids contain specific chemical compounds that retard the splitting of lactulose (Duphalac active substance) in the intestine.
Potential side effects of Duphalac Duphalac - effective laxative - flatulence (gas accumulation in the gut), abdominal pain Abdominal pain: Types and Symptoms , diarrhea, nausea Nausea -there may be problems with the nervous system , in very rare cases - vomiting.