Autism in kindergarten: not like everything
Many families know that their child has autism, just after it starts to go to kindergarten.Until that moment, the child seems calm, a little strange, or sensitive - just a little bit different.
But in kindergarten found new challenges.The new schedule, new classes, role play and the need for language skills - it's hard to test for children with autism.And if the house parents accustomed to oddities of their child, the kindergarten teacher for the child to adjust to not be, and that child has to get used to new surroundings.
classes in kindergarten enable children with autism to get a lot of academic knowledge and social skills.They help to improve the child's ability to communicate and social adaptation, as well as to learn the basic skills of literacy and numeracy.There are also activities that are used in the framework of additional classes or training.
Classes for autistic children in kindergarten
Kindergarten - a good choice A child with autism, because there are the foundations of primary education and partially solved the problem of the overall development.
In kindergarten, the following classes:
- Literacy Education
- Artistic creation
- communication skills
- Sensory Integration
- communication skills
Classes on development of communication skills help to improve the capacity for social interaction and to cope with communication problems.Here are examples of such activities:
- social history - an adequate reaction and behavior in different social situations on the example of the stories.
- time gathering in a circle - time for interactive games, singing and listening to children's songs and poems.Many autistic children like to chant songs and poems, which are an excellent way to implement educational ideas.
- game "Duck, Duck, Goose!" With cards (like the game salokya) - So many children do not like to touch, the game can be a little change, replacing the pat on the head cards.Each child receives a card with a picture of a duck, and the child-card lead with regard to each card goose with a goose, calling the child's name, which this card, and then selects the new "goose".New guide me his card, "duck" on the card, "goose".
- Songs include interaction - songs like "Head, shoulders, knees and toes" or "Farmer in the dell" encourage the development of social skills and develop the ability to listen and follow the voice commands.
- Children's game Simon Says - a game in which the children do what says lead.It develops children's ability to listen and follow instructions.Leading give short, simple instructions that must fulfill each child.Those who can not do the job, are excluded from the game.Instructions may be, for example, such "Reach her ear," "clap your hands" or "close your eyes."
Here are examples of activities that helps build basic skills of reading, listening and vocabulary increases:
- History in Pictures - tells the story of a teacher, and the child picks a card, which depictsthe corresponding episode of history.Such exercises develop listening skills.
- name the animals - the child needs to match the sounds of animals, which they publish, and choose a card with a picture of the respective animal.These classes teach children have hearing, as well as contribute to the formation of general skills of language perception.
- Select color - cards with the image of familiar objects for children mixed with cards of different colors.The child must find a card whose color matches the color of each object.For example, a card with a picture of a yellow sun corresponds to yellow card.
- letters in a box - in a room hidden cards with uppercase and lowercase letters.Children need to find all the cards, and each put in a box with the image of the letters corresponding to the register.The winner is the child who puts the first six cards with letters in the correct box.
Examples of activities that help children learn in childhood soot account:
- stones in a bucket - to get the number, the child throws the dice.Then he must put in a bucket of the appropriate amount of stones.
- Calculate blocks - the teacher calls the number, and the child must count the right number of units.
- Calculate figures - made of cardboard or card paper are made of several kinds of simple shapes.The figures are mixed and divided into several groups.A child should count how many identical figures in each group.
- , a table of four colors, each of which is assigned a number.A child receives a card with a picture of the table with numbered cells.He needs to paint each cell corresponding to the number color.
improve sensory integration helps children with autism sensory integration therapy, which should be carried out by experts in this field.For classes that improve sensory integration include:
- Swing - some children with impaired sensory perception really like to swing on a swing.This exercise calms.There are swings, specially created for sensory integration therapy, both indoors and outdoors.But many children are able to learn this lesson and in the ordinary yard swing without danger to their health.
- Games on the development of sensory perception in a special "sensory room" - sensory room used to improve sensory perception in children.In this room the child's senses are stimulated with surfaces of different character, different sounds and activities.A professional therapist can help parents create a sensory room at home to develop their child's sensory perception.
To accelerate the learning process of many autistic children to help all sorts of visual aids, such as cards with images.It helps to communicate with a child who can not speak or are difficult to accept voice commands.Visual aids are useful in almost all the activities that take place in a kindergarten.