- Symptoms and signs of autism: the individual characteristics
- Early diagnosis
Autism - a disease about which there are many myths and generalizations about people suffering from this diseasethat is rarely the case.The general belief is that these people will never express their emotions Emotions and culture: how to decipher the emotional code , never smile or laugh, do not establish eye contact, do not speak and do not show love and sympathy - is a myth.Every person is unique and has individual personal characteristics, and people suffering from autism, a disease also manifests itself in different ways.
list of symptoms and behaviors associated with autism, long enough, and each autistic found its own peculiar combination of these behaviors.Among the clinical signs of the disease there is no one who would have met without exception with autism, and many of these symptoms sometimes seen in people who do not suffer from this disease.
However, it is known that people with autism hav
Violation skills of social adaptation
Examples of such violations:
- Failure to use means of non-verbal communication such as eye contact, facial expressions and gestures.
- Failure to understand another person's feelings, and expression of emotions such as pleasure (laughs) or pain (crying), for reasons unknown to others.
- man avoids contact with others and seeks solitude.
- It is difficult to interact with others and establish friendships with their peers.
- negative attitude to embrace.
- inability to play the role of the social or non-standard manner of behavior in society.
- not respond to verbal cues, it behaves as if not to hear others.
Violation communication skills
- delay in the development of spoken language or speech activity or complete absence of such a development.
- With the development of speech, its quality and contents are non-standard character.
- difficulty in expressing needs and desires of verbal and / or nonverbal means.
- repetition of his interlocutor words and phrases ("echophrasia").
- Failure to start or maintain a conversation.
- Poorly developed imagination or lack of it.
limited set of interests, behaviors and actions
- patient insists on the need to consistently follow the established plan or routine and resists change.
- or ritualised compulsive behavior.
- tendency to continuous implementation of the same strange action.
- repetition of the same body movements (flapping his hands, body rocking, etc) and / or the adoption of bizarre postures (walking on the tips of the toes).
- absorption of parts or details of any objects or passion repetition of the same action (the spinning wheel, turning on and off lights, and so on).
- limited narrow interests (dates / calendars, numbers, weather, movie opening credits)
also in some patients with autism exhibit a number of specific features and behaviors, including the following:
cognitive functions: Autism occurs in different levelsintelligence.Although about 75% of people suffering from autism have IQ below average, the remaining 25% of this figure is an average value, or exceeds it.The level of practical intelligence such people are usually higher than the level of verbal intelligence.A small percentage of a high level of intelligence in a particular area of expertise, for example, in mathematics.
- have 25-35% of children with autism, there are convulsions that do not respond to treatment.Seizures are aggravated in early childhood and later in adolescence.Chance of convulsions is increased in autistic children with mental retardation or those who have a family history of autism.
- uneven development of the body and / or fine motor skills (good development in some areas and poor development in the other).
- Aggressive behavior or samotravmiruyuschee
- Noticeable lack of or excessive activity
- Strong tantrums
- Inability to focus
- Abnormal responses to sensory stimuli (eg, sensitivity, or reduced sensitivity to pain)
- Violations of appetite or sleep Dreams: how to understand our dreams
- learning disabilities according to standard procedures.
- penchant for strange and unusual games
- Undue attachment to various objects
- no visible fear in dangerous situations
mood and emotions:
- mood and emotional background may be different, for example, the patient does not understand the feelings of others,He withdraws into himself or emotionally unstable.Some people suffering from autism, and may look alarming depressed Depression - a little more than a bad mood in response to the awareness of their problems.
- Some autistic children to express their sympathy, can do it to all people around indiscriminately.