- Tachycardia in children: diagnosis and treatment
- Sinus tachycardia
tachycardia - a heart rate increase of more than a hundred beats per minute in adults.Children have a normal heart rate depends on the age.Nevertheless, even the kids grudnichkovogo period subject to tachycardia.
definition of tachycardia in children depending on the age ranges as follows:
- Age 1-2 days: 123-159 beats per minute;
- Age 3-6 days: 129-166 beats per minute;
- 1-3 weeks Age: 107-182 beats per minute;
- Age 1-2 months: 121-179 beats per minute;
- Age 3-5 months: 106-186 beats per minute;
- aged 6-11 months: 109-169 beats per minute;
- Age 1-2 years: 89-151 beats per minute;
- Age 3-4 years: 73-137 beats per minute;
- Age 5-7 years: 65-133 beats per minute;
- Age 8-11 years: 62-130 beats per minute;
- Age 12-15 years: 60-119 beats per minute.
innervation of the heart takes place mainly through the vagus nerve and sympathetic ganglion.Painful sensations pass through the
tachycardia - a condition characterized by an increase in heart rate, ie palpitations.
This condition is associated with impairment of the conduction of electrical signals under the influence of which is a reduction of the walls of the ventricles of the heart.Some children tachycardia Tachycardia - the body to the limit? innate, and it can be diagnosed in the womb.
Types of tachycardia in children
are two main types of tachycardia.
- In children the most common supraventricular tachycardia.This type of tachycardia is characterized by abnormally rapid reduction of the upper and lower chambers of the heart.SVT is not usually life threatening and may even go without medical intervention in some young children.
- second type of tachycardia - ventricular tachycardia.It occurs when the lower compartment of the heart or the ventricles, pump blood too fast.Ventricular tachycardia is rare in children, and if untreated, can be life-threatening.
Symptoms Symptoms of tachycardia in children are similar to symptoms in adults.Children may occur chest pain Chest pain: one symptom - a lot of diseases , palpitations, fainting, dizziness, shortness of breath, sweating, nausea, weakness, or paleness.Babies with tachycardia, tachypnea, they are restless and moody.Another symptom of tachycardia in infants - hypersomnia.
Tachycardia is difficult to diagnose in young children and infants, because they still can not describe my feelings.
In addition, some of these symptoms, such as shortness of breath and dizziness Dizziness - if the ground is slipping from under his feet , typical of other diseases, such as asthma.
tachycardia Treatment depends on the child's age, severity of disease and the type of tachycardia.Supraventricular tachycardia, usually medicated, or if the child is old enough, a reflex action on the vagus nerve and middle ear by blowing method of Valsalva (closed mouth and nose and try to breathe).
For the treatment of children with ventricular tachycardia may require surgery or other more invasive interventions such as radiofrequency ablation: heart catheter that transmits radio signals, heating and destroy the heart tissue causing the abnormality in the rhythm.In most cases, after the procedure the heart begins to function normally.However, some patients may still need medication.
outlook for children with any type of tachycardia is usually favorable.Most of them can lead a normal life, not limiting their activities.In older children, the tachycardia is likely to persist for a lifetime, so they have to take the medication, such as beta-blockers.In addition, the child must aim at maintaining a healthy weight and exercise regularly, because they are overweight put a strain on the heart and contributes to the development of various diseases.
Teens diagnosed with tachycardia, should limit their intake of caffeine to give up cigarettes and alcohol and soft drugs, as they increase the symptoms of tachycardia symptoms of tachycardia: timely detection .