Milk allergy in children: wait until grow?


milk allergy children Statistics show that in the US alone each year from milk allergy affects at least 100,000 infants.Feeding babies with allergies to milk, is much more difficult, since cow's milk is the basis for many infant formulas.In some cases, even newborns, fed breast milk, showing signs and symptoms of allergy Allergy symptoms: Survival Guide spring Allergy symptoms: Survival Guide Spring .

Consequences of milk allergy a negative impact on the health and welfare of a small child: toddlers suffer from bloating, gas formation of permanent and chronic, continuous crying, and often regurgitate;Some babies suffer from nausea after feeding and constipation.

symptoms of milk allergy in infants

eight major signs of potential milk allergy in infants include:

  • diarrhea which is quite common in newborns, but the appearance of blood in the faeces is considered to signal a serious allergy to milk.
  • nausea and regular regurgitation after feeding.
  • rash and irritation on the skin.
  • Changes in the behavior of the child - newborn babies suffering from allergies to milk, and often cry continuously.Abdominal pain that occurs due to allergy to milk proteins contained in, makes the child constantly crying.
  • Changes in weight - a small increase or no increase in weight due to nausea and diarrhea indicates a serious disorder.
  • increased flatulence in some cases is considered a signal of allergy to milk proteins.
  • wheezing, shortness of breath, mucus in the nose and throat can be a sign of reaction to the child's body found in milk proteins.
  • dehydration, loss of appetite and energy arise because of a milk allergy.Newborn lacks nutrients, resulting in the child's body can not grow and develop normally.

Why there is allergic to milk?

Many proteins in milk are considered to be potential allergens and can cause an allergic reaction Allergic reactions: how to understand why you tickle in the throat Allergic reactions: how to understand why you tickle in the throat - among them the casein and whey Whey: the benefits and harmsWaste Whey: the benefits and harms of waste , two major components of milk.Casein amounts to about 80% of total proteins contained in milk and whey - the remaining 20%, containing two major allergic protein - alpha-lactalbumin and beta-laktaglobulin.

When the immune system immune system - how it works? The immune system - how it works? newborn receives milk proteins for harmful substances, which the body needs to fight, there is a milk allergy.Emerging as a result of an allergic reaction not only causes disruption of the digestive system of the newborn, but also makes the baby cry continuously.

Breastfeeding risk of allergy to milk is much lower than for artificial feeding.As a rule, a milk allergy disappears by itself when the child reaches the age of three.However, there are instances when a milk allergy persists throughout later life.

food for children with allergies to milk

children suffering from milk allergy, you should avoid eating cheese, yogurt, ice cream, cereals containing powdered cow's milk.Also not recommended for children with allergies to milk and butter and buttermilk.

as substitutes for cow's milk nutritionists recommend almond milk, rice milk, soy milk or oatmeal.The child is not suffering from a lack of nutrients, these substitutes cow's milk can be combined with fruit juices and tofu.

milk allergy and lactose intolerance

Many people mistakenly believe that a milk allergy and lactose intolerance - are one and the same.The inability to digest milk sugar, which is quite rare in infants, and more often found in children at an older age and adults is defined as an individual intolerance of lactose.At the same time, an allergy to milk indicates the body reaction to the proteins contained in milk, and is common among infants and young children.

importance of breastfeeding

Breastfeeding is vital for babies who are allergic to milk.Moreover, breast milk feeding allows a higher chance to assume that later the child's body will be able to cope with allergies.The concept of treatment is quite simple: the more effectively avoid the allergen that causes the reaction, the more likely that the child "outgrow" allergies to milk.