Abdominal pain in the child: what can it be?
Children often complain of abdominal pain.The reason may be as appendicitis and constipation, infection, food poisoning Food poisoning: how to avoid becoming a victim of its own stomach or muscle tension.Stress can also cause abdominal pain.
Often the pain goes away after a few hours without treatment.Parents do not always go to the doctor, and if they do so, establish the cause of the pain can be difficult.Over time, the reasons may become more apparent, and then you can start treatment.
most common causes of abdominal pain Abdominal pain: Types and Symptoms children:
- Digestive - constipation, colic, intestinal irritation.
- infections - gastroenteritis, infections of the kidneys and bladder, as well as infection of other parts of the body
- problems related to nutrition - overeating, food poisoning or food allergy
- Violations not directly related to the abdominal cavity - migraine, severe muscletension.
- pain associated with disorders that require surgery, such as appendicitis or intestinal obstruction
- Recurring pain can occur in girls before menarche
- poisoning, for example, some insect bites, ingestion of soap and other chemicals
recurring stomach pain
If your child often complains of abdominal pain, be sure to show it to the doctor.Often these pains occur in children who regularly suffer severe stress How to beat stress?Create an oasis .Try to find out how he formed relationships with classmates and teachers - not only start a conversation in the form of interrogation, it may make him withdraw into himself that seriously aggravate the problem.Objectively evaluate the atmosphere that reigns in your home - psychological discomfort often manifested in the form of somatic symptoms.
Appendicitis Appendicitis - one of the common causes of abdominal pain Causes abdominal pain children;this disease require surgery.The appendix - a small appendage of the cecum, which can become clogged, causing inflammation.It can occur at any age;Appendicitis in young children is relatively rare.
first sign of appendicitis is usually weak or moderate abdominal pain, which gradually moves down and right.Touch the belly at the same time can be very unpleasant.Among other symptoms of appendicitis - fever, lack of appetite, vomiting and diarrhea.
If you suspect that your child has appendicitis, as quickly as possible go with him a medical examination.In some cases treatment without surgery, but often requires removal of the appendix.
For acute pain in the right abdomen that do not disappear within a few hours, particularly if the temperature rises, immediately call an ambulance.
to make an accurate diagnosis, do a blood test, urine examination using X-rays, sometimes - more complex tests.
How to help your child at home
If abdominal pain is not associated with any disease, remember a few simple tips that can help improve the well-being of the child:
- Make sure your child enough rest
- Make sure to drink enough fluids, he
- Do not force your child to eat when he had a stomach ache
- If your child complains of pain, put a heating pad on his stomach or a bottle of warm water.This simple tool often brings relief within 10-15 minutes
- If that fails, give your child paracetamol.Do not forget about proper dosage for children.Giving your child aspirin is not recommended.
Emergency medical help is needed if abdominal pain accompanied by the following symptoms:
- Fever or chills
- pallor, sweating
- vomiting that does not stop for several hours
- child refuses to eat and drink
- blood Chair blood
- Skin rash