Pantogam - a drug that has a positive effect on the stability of cells in the brain to lack of oxygen, the toxic effects of substances, enhances mental activity.The dosage form of a syrup Pantogamum used to treat children with various disorders of the central nervous system.
How does Pantogamum syrup
10% syrup pantogam (hopantenic acid calcium salt) is available in bottles of 50 and 100 ml with measuring spoon and used in pediatrics.5 ml syrup pantogam contain 500 mg of active substance.
pantogam syrup has an active effect on the brain of the child, improving metabolism improves metabolism and losing weight without dieting in its cells (neurons) and reducing their need for oxygen.Under the influence of pantogam neurons use glucose better Glucose: The energy source - the main source of energy for the brain.
As a result, brain cells completely or partially restore their functions and to better withstand various toxic effects.The syrup has a child pantogam mild sedative eff
Recovered brain cells are also better able to cope with its functions to regulate the process of urination, which contributes in some cases, getting rid of bedwetting.Pantogam thus causes inhibition of the ability of the bladder to contract and increase muscle tone, overlapping the output of the bladder (detrusor).
Pantogam also has a slight anesthetic effect.
Which diseases prescribed syrup pantogam
syrup pantogam prescribed for various diseases of the central nervous system in children:
- when cerebral palsy;
- at perinatal (perinatal) lesions of the nervous system from the first days of life;
- lagging child in neuropsychological (speech disorder), mental (including behavior disorders) and physical development (for a long time can not stand, sit, walk);
- at increased motor activity of the child, combined with impaired concentration;
- with nervousness in the child encountered by stress, such as when a neurotic stuttering;
- incontinence and fecal incontinence in children, associated with the violation of the nervous regulation of the bladder;
- when neurosis-like states that have arisen on the basis of organic changes in the brain (trauma, diseases, tumors), which can manifest itself in the form of stuttering, tics of facial and neck muscles, incontinence of urine and feces;
- in some psychiatric diseases Mental illness - ashamed to ask for help? , e.g., in schizophrenia as part of a treatment;
- in certain motor disorders associated with disruption of the central nervous system;
- epilepsy with mental retardation activity and intellectual disabilities;
- at high nervous and mental stress in children in the school with a decrease in their mental and physical performance, concentration and memorization process.
Contraindications syrup pantogam purpose and possible side effects when used
contraindications for appointment syrup pantogam children are severe kidney disease in violation of their functions and increased sensitivity to the drug.
side effects with pantogam often manifest themselves in a variety of allergic reactions (hay fever, conjunctivitis, skin rash).There may be also disorders of the central nervous system: sleep disorders Dreams: how to understand our dreams (bad falling asleep or hypersomnia), tinnitus.Such side effects (except, of course, allergies, which require the immediate lifting of pantogam) usually pass on their own and do not require discontinuation of therapy.
How to take Pantogamum syrup
Pantogam syrup taken orally half an hour after eating 2 - 3 times a day (only in the morning, as it may cause a slight stimulating effect) at a dose appointeddoctor.Pantogam course of treatment is usually from four weeks to several months.It is recommended to first gradual increase in the dose for a week or more, then receiving the maximum daily dose for a time determined by a doctor, and then a gradual reduction in the daily dose for a week and removal of the drug.
If treatment is prolonged, it is not recommended to simultaneously pantogam prescribe other drugs, has a stimulating effect on the central nervous system.
pantogam syrup - a drug that is time-tested.