How to deal with children's allergies: observation and tranquility
- How to deal with children's allergies: observation and tranquility
- How does
allergies manifest themselves differently in different age groups.In infants and young children allergy takes the form of atopic dermatitis (eczema) or food allergies.Children with atopic dermatitis are at increased risk of developing allergies and asthma, most likely between the ages of one and a half to six years.This model is the transition from one form of allergic disease to another is known as the "atopic march".
«Atopic" - a term that doctors use to describe the allergic nature of a disease (eg, atopic conjunctivitis, atopic dermatitis, atopic rhinitis, atopic asthma, and others).Allergens ie pathogens may be food external triggers: pollen, mold, dander and fur Dandruff: where it comes from, and what to do pets.
Typically, atopic dermatitis - the earliest manifestation of allergy is observed in 10-20% of children, often in infancy.Atopic dermatitis (diathesis or infantile eczema) is characterized by itching and rash on the combed areas of the skin.The rash is red and dry, may cause many small bubbles that eventually flake with the release of the contents.
in infants and young children, the rash usually occurs on the face (especially the cheeks), chest and abdomen, as well as the hands and feet.Such a distribution of rash on the body due to the fact that these areas the child is easy to comb the appearance of itching.In older children localization rash changes, and atopic dermatitis extends to the elbow and popliteal folds on the side of the neck, upper chest and hands.Food allergies and external lead to exacerbation of atopic dermatitis.
Many children have food allergies.They usually occur after the transition from soft to solid food.Almost all children with food allergy after eating the product, there are allergen skin symptoms: hives, swelling, itching, or redness of the skin.These symptoms usually appear within minutes after eating the product, an allergen, but in some cases the symptoms noticeable only in a few hours.
Other symptoms of food allergy in young children: nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain Abdominal pain: Types and Symptoms , diarrhea, shortness of breath (a sign of asthma), runny nose, sneezing, and dizziness.In some cases, children have a severe allergic reaction - anaphylactic shock, a life-threatening.
Atopic rhinitis occurs in about 50% of children with atopic dermatitis.In most cases atopic rhinitis occurs only at school age, but sometimes the first symptoms appear earlier.As a rule, the impetus for atopic rhinitis are external triggers: pet dander, dust and mold (in young children) and pollen (in older children).
symptoms of allergic rhinitis: sneezing, runny nose, itchy nose and eyes, nasal congestion.Sometimes nose "flows" under the eyes appear dark circles ("allergic lights"), the child is constantly t nose and nose ("allergic salute").
Asthma is observed in 8% of the world's population, is the most common chronic disease of childhood.In most cases, asthma is caused by allergies;every fourth child suffering from atopic rhinitis develop asthma.Asthma can occur at any age, but is most often seen in men aged dopubertatnogo and women in their teens.Sometimes it is difficult to diagnose asthma in young children, so it is best to contact a specialist, not a therapist.
symptoms of asthma:
- cough.In some cases, the cough may be the only symptom.The cough is often dry, hacking, worse at night and exercise.Some children cough so strong that causes vomiting.
- wheezing.Inhaling and exhaling accompanied by a high whistling.As a rule, wheezing exacerbation increases with other asthma symptoms after physical exertion and exposure to other triggers of asthma.
- shortness of breath.In some children, there is shortness of breath, which is why they are less active than their peers.Children with more severe forms of asthma suffer from shortness of breath even at rest and during sleep.
- feeling of tightness in the chest.The child has the feeling, as if someone has strong hug, he may complain of chest pain Chest pain: one symptom - a lot of diseases .
- other symptoms nonspecific for asthma: poor appetite, constant fatigue and lethargy, unwillingness to participate in games with other children, sleep disorders Dreams: how to understand our dreams .
If a child has one or more of the above symptoms may have had an allergy.We recommend to consult with an allergist or immunologist and undergo a medical examination.